Toasted coconut is delicious added to granola, yogurt parfaits and desserts, but it can be expensive to buy. Learn how to toast coconut at home easily, for less money and fresher taste!
I know I said that I wouldn’t be posting coconut recipes on this blog, however, the one linkup I participate in is doing a chocolate and coconut theme.
Besides, last month I learned that I really don’t mind toasted coconut. It’s truly just the texture of raw coconut that I dislike so dearly. So, if you are also a person who despises coconut, give toasted coconut a try. You might find that it’s not bad after all.
Here’s my toasted coconut in all its glory. I love that golden brown color. It photographs so well and, in my opinion, is gorgeous to look at it.
I have to be honest. I’m trying desperately to pry some thoughtful words out of my head for this post, but after spending the entire day running errands with my 2 year old.. my brain is shot. There is nothing harder than going to the woman doctor and several different stores with a busy body toddler.. all. by. yourself!
Things to Make with Toasted Coconut
Fair warning: Once you learn how to toast coconut, you’ll probably want to add it to EVERYTHING. Here are some ideas of things you can make with toasted coconut:
- Cherry Coconut Macaroons
- Coconut Cupcakes with Raspberry Filling
- Peanut Butter Coconut Cheesecake Bars
- Almond Coconut Macaroons
How to Toast Coconut
How to toast coconut
- 2 cups sweetened or unsweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Measure out the amount of coconut you will need for your recipe. Spread the coconut out on the baking sheet. Place in the oven for 5 - 10 minutes. Stir the coconut.
- Place back in the oven for another 5 - 10 minutes. The coconut should be golden brown. If it's not as toasted as you would like, stir the coconut and put it back in the oven for another 5 minutes.