Dense, chewy peanut butter bars with a thick layer of coconut cheesecake filling are the perfect dessert.
Another month has passed and it's time for the Peanut Butter Bash again! This month's theme is peanut butter and coconut, so what better thing to make than these peanut butter coconut cheesecake bars. They're similar to my peanut butter chocolate chip cheesecake bars, but very different in flavor. These have the tropical feel to them. Quite summery!
My hubby isn't a coconut fan, but he fell for these bars. I knew I could win him over. Peanut butter is his weakness. Mine too, obviously. That's why I have the Peanut Butter Bash. I can't seem to get peanut butter out of my brain.
Here are my favorite things about this bar. The crumbly peanut butter top gets a little extra brown. You just cannot beat the taste of a peanut butter cookie or bar that has been baked until a little extra brown. The second thing is there the perfect amount of cheesecake filling in the center. It's ridiculous. I shall give myself a little pat on the back.
Peanut Butter Coconut Cheesecake Bars
- 8 oz . cream cheese room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon . vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup angel flake sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 11x7 pan with heavy duty tin foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the butter and peanut butter. Mix until combined.
- Add in the brown and granulated sugars and beat until light and fluffy. It will take 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides.
- Add in the egg and vanilla. Mix on medium until the egg is incorporated. Scrape down the sides.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt into the butter mixture. Mix on low until the dough forms a ball. Turn on high and beat for another 20 seconds. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add in the cream cheese and sugar. Mix on medium until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and beat on medium until incorporated. Scrape down the sides.
- Add in the coconut and stir until incorporated.
- Add half of the cookie dough into the bottom of the pan. Press it out so it reaches all the edges and is even.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture to the top of the cookie dough. Spread it out so it's even and touches the edges.
- Sprinkle the remaining cookie dough on top. I placed bits all over and made sure I covered the edges. The pan will be super full, but won't overflow.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. Chill in the fridge 2 -3 hours before cutting. The tin foil will allow the bars to be easily pulled out of the pan to cut and serve.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)