This post is organized by Virtual Potluck and sponsored by Anolon, WÜSTHOF, Paula Deen, Microplane, Gibbs-Smith, and Nielsen-Massey, who provided products to the participating bloggers as well as items for our giveaway.
I don’t know if you ready for these laughing cow sugar cookies? This will be the second holiday recipe I shared this week! I hope you’re as excited about it as I am! These cookies are so soft and tender. I think we can thank the addition of laughing cow cheese for that.
Myself and four other ladies got together for a virtual potluck. We’re each making something awesome out of the French Desserts cookbook from Hillary Davis. Milisa made mini raspberry croissants, Theresa did a pear and salted caramel cake, Donna made chocolate sables, and Debra did a fabulous butter cake.
We’ll also be buttering you up with a pretty awesome giveaway. One giveaway winner will receive a copy of French Desserts by Hillary Davis, an Anolon Advanced Bronze 5-piece baking set, a Paula Deen 3-piece mixing bowl set, a WÜSTHOF GOURMET 6-inch Cake Knife, a Microplane Premium Classic Spice Grater and Spice Cup Grater, and Nielsen-Massey almond and lemon extracts. A second winner will receive a copy of French Desserts by Hillary Davis.
I had to make these cookies and photograph them immediately afterwards. The hubby is a cookie monster. He walked through the door for lunch and his eyeballs lit up. Since I’m a nice wife, I let him have a couple of the ugly cookies. My poor family! They always either have to wait a day for the dessert or can have the recipe rejects. They must be used to it by now, because I never hear any fussing.
Guys. Has anyone else started their Christmas shopping? I have and I always get nervous when I start early. I’ll tell you what happens. We end up buying far too much for our only child. I have a horrible memory and tend to forget to write down things and before you know it, we have nearly 20 presents bought for Lucian. It’s bad, I know. He used to get tired of opening presents before he got through all of them when he was a toddler.
Also, let’s talk about my five-year-old’s Christmas list already being pretty pricey. That’s also a nice reminder that we only need to buy him a max of 10 presents. He’s gone through the toy books/magazines and circled things that he thinks he really wants. The list includes a Bat mobile power wheels, a four wheeler, a ginormous hot wheels ultimate garage and everything you can possibly get that’s Star Wars.
Laughing Cow Sugar Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the butter, cheese, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the sugar and mix on medium until combined.
- Add in the flour and beat until flour is thoroughly combined. Scrape down the sides and mix again to make sure all of the flour is well incorporated.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out the cookie dough, leaving 2 inches between each cookie.
- Flatten the cookies out into 1 to 2 inch circles using your finger.
- Dip your finger in the egg white and run it over the top and edges of the cookie to smooth the cookie out.
- Sprinkle the sugar on top of the egg washed cookies.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 7 - 10 minutes or until done. The edges of the cookies will be golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 2 minutes. Remove and place on a cooling rack to finish cooling.
This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. You must be 18 years old or have your parents consent to enter the giveaway.
Thanks to all of our sponsors for their help! For more information about our sponsors, you can follow them on Facebook.
This post contains affiliate links. Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up to get my FREE Baking Substitutions Sheet! Join the 5000 others who are receiving our dessert newsletters and baking challenges.