I love using sprinkles especially cute festive ones. These chocolate chocolate chip cookies have dark cocoa powder in them that really makes these Halloween sprinkles POP! The best part is, your kiddies can do the sprinkling and get in on the baking with you. Another fun part of this cookie is that there are a ton of different kind of morsels that you can put in a cookie. I used NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels in half of my cookie dough and the other was NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE Pumpkin Spice Morsels. Both tasted amazing I must add!
I love getting my son into the kitchen with me. He loves it too. He's always asking to bake with me. Don't tell him, but we're definitely getting him a little boy version of the easy bake oven for Christmas. I think it will be a big big hit. He loves to be like his mama. I can't say that I blame him, I am a cool cat.
You can see the pumpkin spice morsels glowing in the cookies that are set back. So pretty. Did I mention they are incredibly delish? Yeah, they are. The pumpkin flavor goes well with the rich chocolate cookie. I especially love that these cookies were warm. The morsels are gooey. The center is tender and the outer edges are crispy. These are perfect to dunk in a hot cup of coffee or milk.
I'll be hosting a giveaway for (1) $10 Paypal gift card on Instagram. Head over to the post to get the details!
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add in the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Mix on medium until light and fluffy. About 2 minutes.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract and mix until incorporated.
- Add in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Mix on low until the flour is incorporated. It will become crumbly before it comes together into a ball.
- Mix on medium until the dough ball forms.
- Add in the morsels and stir until the morsels are throughout the dough. I reserved about 2 tablespoons of the chips to stick on the tops of the cookies.
- Scoop the cookie dough out with a large cookie scoop.
- Add 2 - 3 morsels to the top of the cookies. Roll the top of the scoop of cookie dough into the sprinkles. Place back down on the parchment paper. I only baked 5 cookies at a time so there was plenty of room to spread.
- Place in the oven for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for five minutes before transferring to a cooling rack or paper towel. This will give the cookies time to set up and firm up a little.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)
Check out all the other delicious recipes that NESTLÉ® Toll House is posting on Facebook and Pinterest. They're sharing some awesome ideas!