These cherry coconut macaroons with a drizzle of chocolate remind me of a chocolate covered cherry. They are loaded with maraschino cherry juice and bits of maraschino cherries. These cookies will make any coconut lover happy!
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and I love making pretty red and pink desserts just for the occasion. For example, the pretty pink and white strawberries and cream cheesecake recipe I just posted yesterday.
Today are my cherry coconut macaroons. I cannot get over the color. It’s just so pretty. I’ve come to the realization that I need more macaroons on my blog. I really have no interest in coconut myself, but my son loves it as well as my bestie down the road. They were my taste testers for these guys.
These macaroons are so simple to make and take no time at all to whip up! Plus, it only takes a handful of ingredients to put together. Crazy, right? I wish my husband and I liked coconut. These would be our second go-to cookie recipe. The first will always be my dark chocolate no-bake cookies.
This post wasn’t just for Valentine’s day though. It’s also for the annual Cookies for Kids’ Cancer fundraiser. Food bloggers come together to donate to the charity and also create a recipe post to bring awareness to the fundraiser.
We also have some awesome brands matching dollar for dollar which is amazing! Do you want to donate to the cause? I’ll leave a link here for you. It looks like we’ve hit the initial goal with just food blogger donations! Woohoo!!
This cookie originally started out as a cherry chocolate chip macaroons with mini chocolate chips in it, but the chocolate just overpowered any flavor the cherry had. I eventually (obviously) just cut the chocolate chips out completely and drizzled some almond bark chocolate on top.
Cherry Coconut Macaroon Recipe
Cherry Coconut Macaroons
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 T. granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cups + 3 T. maraschino cherry juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 5 1/3 cups 14 oz bag sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries drained and finely chopped
- 2 squares chocolate almond bark
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites, sugar, sweetened condensed milk, maraschino cherry juice, and salt until frothy. It may take about 2 minutes to do it.
- Add the coconut and chopped maraschino cherries. Stir until all coconut is covered with mixture.
- Add in the flour and stir until completely incorporated.
- Using a 1 1/2 T. medium cookie scoop, scoop out the cookie.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet. They won't spread.
- Bake for 17-19 minutes until the coconut bits get golden brown.
- Let cool completely.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate almond bark in. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until the chocolate is smooth.
- Place the chocolate in a sandwich bag. Cut a very small hole in one of the corners of the bag. This will help to drizzle over the top of the macaroons.
- Place the cookies on a piece of wax paper or parchment paper. Drizzle the chocolate on the top of each macaroon moving back and forth over the top of each cookie. Let dry.
- Store in an airtight container.
Yellow Heart-Shaped Rainbow Funfetti Cookies from Julie of The Little Kitchen
Peanut Butter Cookie Cake from Julie of Julie Blanner
Cherry Coconut Macaroons from Miranda of Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
Brownie Cookies from Mel of Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
No-Bake Chocolate Candy Cookies from Debi of Life Currents
Double Dark Chocolate Chery Black Forest Cookies from Jamie of Southern Revivals
White Chocolate Valentine Madeleine Cookies from Marlynn of Urban Bliss Life
Pillowy Soft Sugar Cookies from Stephie of Stephie Cooks
Steak with Pink Peppercorn Sauce from Sonja of Ginger & Toasted Sesame
Creamy Beet Risotto from Rachel of Copper & Verdigris
Valentine’s Day Chocolate Sugar Cookies from Denise of Chez Us
Red Velvet Donuts from Gwynn of Swirls of Flavor
S’mores Brown Butter Panbanging Cookies from Marybeth of babysavers
Gluten-Free Chocolate Kiss Cookies from Audrey of Mama Knows Gluten Free
Gluten-Free Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies from Brianna of Flippin’ Delicious
Rose Meringue Cookies from Kirsten of Comfortably Domestic
Raspberry Chipotle Chicken Curry from Shashi of Savory Spin
Double Chocolate Meringue Cookies from Dee of Meatloaf and Melodrama
White Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie from Sarah of Sarah Cooks the Books
Cream Wafer Cookies from Kelly of Live Laugh Rowe
White Chocolate and Raspberry Cookies from Wanda of My Sweet Zepol
Raspberry Fudge Cookies from Jessica of A Kitchen Addiction
Raspberry Cookies from Courtney of Know Your Produce
Syltkakor Raspberry Jam Cookies from Megan of Stetted
No-Bake Chocolate Tart from Rachel of Rachel Cooks
Heart-Shaped Chocolate Chip Cookies from Angela of About a Mom
Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies from Lisa of TasteCookSip
Chai Latte Shortbread Hearts from Sue of It’s Okay to Eat the Cupcake
Soft and Sweet Sugar Cookie Bars from Carlee of Cooking With Carlee
Strawberry and Cream Cookies from Ashley of A Cup of Charming
Cherry Cream Cheese Cookies from Lisa of Blogghetti
Galete Waffle Cookies from Shaina of Food for My Family
Almond Shortbread Cookies from Denise of addicted 2 recipes
Easy Strawberry Fudge from Chrysa of Thrifty Jinxy
Valentine’s Day Mug Hug Cookies from Aimee of Southern From Scratch
Doughnut Sandwich Cookies from Bree of Baked Bree
Chocolate Nutella Cookies from Melissa of Modern Honey
Easy Crinkle Cookies from Amy of The Nifty Foodie
Chocolate Sugar Cookies from Becca of The Salted Cookie
Love Cake from Sara of Confectionary Tales
Meringue Cookies from Sara of My Imperfect Kitchen
Rose White Hot Chocolate from Susannah of Feast + West
Gluten Free Lavendar Shortbread Cookies from Carolann of Apron Warrior
Fruit Filled Chocolate Waffle Cones from Nicole of For the Love of Food
Chocolate and Vanilla Sweetheart Cookies from Sheila of Life, Love, and Good Food
Raspberry Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies from Nancy of The Bitter Side of Sweet
Chai Spiced Snickerdoodle Cookies from Ashley of Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen
Heart Happy Valentine Cookie Chocolate Cheesecake from TammyJo of The Chocolate Cult
Persian rice cookies from Caroline of Caroline’s Cooking
Chocolate Dipped Espresso Shortbread Cookies from Julianne of Beyond Frosting
Fudgy Chocolate Sixlets Cookies from Barbara of Barbara Bakes