Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread is moist, flavorful, and offers the flavor of fall in each bite. This is my go-to chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe I make every year when I get the yearning for pumpkin recipes. Find more quick bread recipes here.
Call me biased but this is hands down the best pumpkin chocolate chip bread I have had. It is light and airy, moist, and sweet chocolate chips in every bite. Plus to top it off, this recipe is rather easy to make.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
Why is this the best pumpkin choc chip bread you ask? Let me share all the reasons why I can't rave enough about this recipe.
- Pumpkin | I use a whole can of pumpkin puree in the bread. This will add a nice pumpkin flavor but also it makes it incredibly moist! Then you add in pumpkin spice, and that throws this bread into blue ribbon winning flavor.
- Chocolate Chips | Semi-sweet add a nice sweetness to this bread. You could use milk chocolate or even white chocolate chips for a fun twist.
- Buttermilk | Buttermilk is great to use in recipes to help add moisture to the bread, but also flavor. It is unique in flavor and helps make the bread stand out.
How To Make Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
First, you want to start by preheating your oven. Then grab a large bowl and a hand mixer to start whipping up your sugar and butter until creamy.
Add in your eggs one at a time, pumpkin puree, and vanilla. Once that is combined, add in your dry ingredients and buttermilk, alternating the two and beat each one just until combined.
Once the pumpkin bread batter is all mixed up, fold in chocolate chips. Pour the batter into two 9x5-inch loaf pans and sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top of the bread before baking. Bake the bread until a skewer that's inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
How Long Does Pumpkin Bread Last
You can store your pumpkin chocolate chip bread on the counter for 3-5 days, or opt to store in the fridge for 3-7 days. I find that the fridge can extend the shelf life of the bread by a day or two. Just make sure you allow your bread to fully cool down. Then place in an airtight container, sealable bag, or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap.
How To Freeze Pumpkin Bread
If you want to make up extra loaves or freeze a partial loaf, simply allow your pumpkin bread to fully cool down. Then wrap tightly in aluminum foil, and then place in a sealable freezer bag or airtight container. Store in the freezer for up to three months. When ready to eat, just remove from the freezer, and thaw on the counter or even the fridge.
If you love pumpkin check out these other pumpkin recipes
- Mini Maple Pumpkin Pies | Bite size pies that will be a tasty treat. Use a muffin tin to make personal pumpkin pies with a maple twist!
- Pumpkin Butterscotch Layer Dessert | This layer dessert is a fantastic recipe to whip up for the family or serving a crowd.
- Easy Pumpkin Pie Dip | Velvety smooth pumpkin pie dip. This dessert dip gives you the flavor of pumpkin pie. Great for parties, holiday gatherings and more.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies | This three-layer brownie has a ganache top, pumpkin cheesecake filling, and a brownie bottom.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Cake | This cake has a pumpkin cake with a no-bake vanilla cheesecake layer sandwiched in the middle.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two 9x5 loaf pans with foil or parchment paper. Spray the foil/parchment paper and pan with nonstick baking spray.
- In a large bowl, add the sugar and butter. Beat with a hand mixer until well combined.
- Add in the eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla. Beat until the eggs are pumpkin are incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk until combined.
- Alternate adding the flour and buttermilk to the wet ingredients starting and finishing with the flour. Beat until each addition is incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Split the batter between two 9x5 loaf pans, top with a few extra chocolate chips for presentation, and bake for 45-50 minutes. Allow the loaves to cool for 10 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Store covered at room temperature for several days.