These easy lemony lemon bars are the perfect balance of sweet and tangy. There’s a shortbread layer and on top of that is a soft, lemon layer. They are so simple to make and the family will love them.
Lemony Lemon Bars
Are you ready for the second recipe from my Easy Homemade Cookie Cookbook for National Cookie Month? I asked on Facebook and you told me you wanted the lemon bars so here we are. You can pre-order your book now to get it on the 31st of October
When I cut these bars, they were partially warm. I had put them in the fridge to chill but I ran out of time before I had to snap a couple of photos. Yet, even while the bars were still warm, they stayed together pretty nicely. Sometimes if you cut a baked good, rather it’s a bar, pie, cake, etc., while it’s warm, it will fall apart and become a huge mess.
I sort of enjoy looking at all of the bubbles on the top of these bars. I think it gives the lemon bars a little more appeal. If you’re not a fan of it, dust the tops of the bars with a small amount of powdered sugar. That also gives a nice finish.
I’ll be sharing a couple more recipes from the book before the month is over too. I happen to have 160 of them to pick from so you never know what will be shared next. I’ve been sharing little sneak peeks over on my Facebook page too. You know, like some of the table of contents and recipe pages.
More Lemon Recipes
You can get your hands on my book over on Amazon NOW!
How to make Lemony Lemon Bars
Lemony Lemon Bars
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- zest of 3 large lemons
- 3/4 cup lemon juice 3 large lemons
- 4 eggs room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 11x7 pan with tin foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the butter and sugar. Beat on medium until creamy.
- Add in the flour and salt and continue beating until incorporated. If it doesn't come together, use your hands and press it together.
- Press the dough evenly into the prepared baking pan.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and work on the filling.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, and lemon zest.
- Add in the lemon juice and eggs and whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour the filling on top of the baked crust and place into the preheated oven. Bake for 35 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Let cool to room temperature and then refrigerate for 2 - 3 hours to set. Cut and serve!