Are you ready for some sweet and salty goodness? I made these no bake peanut butter potato chip bars after my last peanut butter bash. Do you remember the crispy chocolate peanut butter candy bars? Yeah, I adapted these bars from that recipe since not everyone will have or want to buy a candy bar mold. I was thinking of my readers!
It definitely wasn't because I need an excuse to have another sweet and salty peanut butter dessert in the house. *wink wink*
They're insanely addicting. I think the technique is to crush those chips until they're just crumbs. It's sort of like the regular no bake peanut butter bars, but instead of graham crackers you're using salty tater chips. So not only do the chips add saltiness to the recipe, but the perfect crunch too.
My gram used to make the regular bars with graham crackers all the time when I was little. I loved spending weekends with her and did it nearly every weekend. She didn't drive and she lived in the house by herself so I think she enjoyed me being there with her. I only remember her snarling at me once as a child and that's when she made me scrambled eggs with onions in it and I refused to eat it. Now I'm onion crazy, but I guess I wasn't then.
Looking back, I can see how annoying that can be. When I'm caught up in work and Lucian's asking for me to make him lunch and then complains about lunch, I want to and sometimes do snarl at him. Gram didn't work from home, but she sure did love her dirty romance books. As an adult, I'm a pretty big fan of those books too. hehe
No Bake Peanut Butter Potato Chip Bars
- 2 cups ripple potato chips crushed
- 6 T. butter room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 11.5 oz. bag milk chocolate chips
- Line an 8x8 square pan with tin foil. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add in the crushed ripple potato chips, peanut butter, and butter. Stir until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add in the powdered sugar and salt. Stir until combined.
- Press the peanut butter filling evenly into the prepared pan. Make sure it's firmly pressed in so the bars hold together after they're cut.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add in the milk chocolate chips. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat microwaving for 30 seconds and stirring after each interval until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour the chocolate on top of the peanut butter filling. Spread it out evenly. Take a knife or small angled spatula and make a design in the top of the chocolate.
- Let it set until the chocolate hardens. Cut the bars and serve.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)
Get Dessert Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox
AND A BONUS FREE Baking Substitutions too!
Srividhya Gopalakrishnan says
This is an interesting combo.. very nice.
Maria @ kitchenathoskins says
Fab idea. Peanut butter, potato chips and chocolate.... I can hear these bars talking to me 🙂
Chocolate and potato chips. Do I need to share? YUMMY.
Thanks for partying with us on #TastyTuesdays
Wow! These look delicious! I love peanut butter and chocolate... that fact that you don't have to bake them is just awesome. Thanks for the delicious recipe!
Jeannee J Taylor says
Kinda Genius ! These look to good to be made with potato chips but they are! Can't wait to make some! Thanks for sharing!