Strawberry Crunch Dessert is a layered strawberry dessert that screams spring and summer. There's a golden Oreo crust, pudding cheesecake layer, strawberry pie filling, vanilla whipped cream, and a delicious strawberry crunch topping. There are seriously so many layers in this Strawberry Crunch Layer Dessert Recipe!
If you are looking for one tasty strawberry dessert recipe. Whip this up today and let me know how you like it.
Need more strawberry crunch in your life? Check out these Strawberry Shortcake Truffles, this Strawberry Shortcake Cake, or these strawberry shortcake ice cream bars.
How to make Strawberry Crunch Dessert
Golden Oreo Crust | Start by spraying the bottom of a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Then you will crush your Oreos in a food processor along with the melted butter.
Press the crust down into the pan, making sure it is packed down. Then you will work on your cheesecake layer.
Start by creaming your cream cheese. Then add in the pudding and sugar. Mix until incorporated. Beat in your vanilla and heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Get your whole cheesecake layer made and spread over the cookie crust.
Spread the strawberry pie filling on top and then add on the whipped cream topping. Lastly, sprinkle with the strawberry crumb topping.
I like to use a removable bottom 9x13 baking pan and line the sides with a 3 inch wide strip of parchment paper. Then I pop the strawberry crunch dessert in the freezer until frozen and slice it up. It comes out of the pan so easily and thaws pretty quickly.
Of course, you can place it in the refrigerator too. I recommend letting it set up for about 4 hours before serving.
How long will this Strawberry Crunch Layer Dessert last?
You will want to store the dessert in the fridge for 4-7 days. You will find it begins to break down a bit. This dessert will be a great one for you to make ahead and then serve up when you are ready.
This dessert is best when served within the first two days of being made.
Can you freeze this Strawberry Crunch Dessert?
Yes, you can freeze this crunch dessert. Just make sure that you place it in a freezer container and freeze up to 3 months.
Then when you want some, slice and allow it to thaw on the counter for an hour. Or you can place in the fridge overnight.
Can you make this strawberry layered dessert ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this dessert a day in advance. Go ahead and make this a day or two in advance. Then serve this up when you are ready.
Variations To Layered Strawberry Dessert
- Use a different type of Oreo if you want. Even a chocolate Oreo is a great option
- You can use a pre-bought container of cheesecake where you can spread it on to replace the cheesecake layer.
- You can use homemade strawberry filling if you want, instead of buying canned pie filling.
- Instead of pie filling, you can just slice strawberries and place them in the pan as well for a fruity flavor.
Looking for more strawberry desserts
- Strawberry Marshmallows - Serve up this easy homemade marshmallow that is strawberry flavored.
- Homemade Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake - Here is a cheesecake that is a swirled dessert. This is one of my favorites that I think you will like.
- Strawberry Pie - A delicious pie with fresh strawberries, a strawberry glaze, and a delicious pie crust.
- Strawberry Frosting - If you want to make strawberry frosting, you will enjoy this homemade frosting. It is great on cupcakes, cakes, etc.
Strawberry Crunch Layer Dessert
- 13 Golden Oreos
- .5 ounces freeze-dried strawberries
- 40 Golden Oreos about 3 ¾ cups, crushed
- ½ cup butter melted
- 12 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 21 ounce can strawberry pie filling
- 1 ¾ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 ½ tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- ¼ cup plus 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Add the Oreos into the food processor and pulse until the cookies are completely crumbs.
- Remove half of the crumbs and set them aside.
- Add in the strawberries and pulse until the freeze-dried strawberries are broke down and mostly powder.
- Combine the golden Oreo crumbs with the strawberry coated crumbs and set aside.
- Spray the bottom of a 9x13 glass pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Add the Oreos to a food processor and pulse until the cookies are completely crumbs.
- Add the melted butter to the food processor and pulse until the butter coats all of the crumbs.
- Pour the crumbs into the prepared pan and firmly and evenly press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan.
- Place in the fridge to set up while working the cheesecake layer.
- In a large bowl, add in the cream cheese. Beat with a hand mixer on medium until smooth.
- Add in the granulated sugar and the instant vanilla pudding mix. Beat until incorporated.
- Add in the vanilla extract and add the heavy whipping cream in ¼ cup increments and beat until each addition is combined before adding the next. Beat the mixture until stiff peaks form.
- Add dollops of cheesecake all over the top of the chilled crust. Spread evenly using an offset spatula.
- Add dollops of the strawberry pie filling on top of the cheesecake layer. Spread the strawberry gel out evenly.
- Place back in the fridge to chill while working on the whipped cream.
- Add the heavy whipping cream, instant vanilla pudding mix, and powdered sugar to a large mixing bowl. Beat on medium until stiff peaks form.
- Add dollops of whipped cream on top of the strawberry pie filling. Spread out evenly. Don't worry if the pie filling slightly gets mixed into the whipped cream.
- Sprinkle the strawberry crunch topping on top of the whipped cream.
- Place in the freezer or fridge to set up for at least 4 hours. I prefer to cut and remove the slices while they're frozen and then let them sit for 30 minutes at room temperature until softened.
- Cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge or freezer.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)
Get Dessert Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox
AND A BONUS FREE Baking Substitutions too!
Absolutely delicious! I used fresh strawberries instead of the strawberry pie filling and my family LOVED it!