I've always been a peanut butter and chocolate lover, so I couldn't help but do a spin on my mom's peanut butter pie. This dark chocolate peanut butter pie has the perfect mousse filling. If you're looking to impress someone with a dessert, this is the dessert. It's not extremely difficult, but can make someone weak at the knees.
That's how I got my hubby.
Kidding. It was my good looks that got him.
I remember one year while I was on family vacation, my mom and aunt had a peanut butter pie showdown. Yes, several of my aunts and uncles were on vacation with us. It was too funny to see my mom garnishing this already perfect pie that I loved so much. She's the type that keeps things very simple. Honestly, I can't remember who supposedly won, but I bet I was anxious to be a judge of the two.
Sometimes, a pie that tastes so amazing can look pretty plain Jane. You can always doll it up with some drizzles and whipped cream like moi.
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 ¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 6 T. butter melted
- 8 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter
- 1 T. butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream whipped
- ½ cup heavy cream whipped
- 1 ½ T. powdered sugar
- 1 T. Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter
- 1 T. creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, add in the graham cracker crumbs and granulated sugar. Stir to combine.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, add in the butter and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Pour the butter into the crumb mixture and stir until the crumbs turn to a wet sand consistency. It should hold its shape.
- Press the crumbs into a 9 inch pie plate. Place the crust in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. The edges of the crust should be slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- In a bowl, beat the heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks. You will know it's ready because the consistency of the heavy cream will become thick and hold its shape while you're beating it with a hand mixer. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add in the cream cheese, dark chocolate dreams peanut butter and butter. Beat on medium/high until light and fluffy.
- Add in the sugar and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- Add in a quarter of the whipped cream and fold it into the cream cheese mixture. This will lighten up the mixture before adding the remaining whipped cream and deflating it all.
- Add in the remaining whipped cream and carefully fold it in.
- Spread the filling into the cooled crust.
- Add the heavy cream into a bowl. Whip on medium speed until it forms stiff peaks.
- Add in the powdered sugar and mix for another 30 seconds.
- Place in a piping bag with a 1M tip. Set aside.
- Add the two different peanut butters to to separate bowls. Microwave for 30 seconds until the peanut butter is at drizzle consistency.
- Drizzle the peanut butters on the pie with a spoon. Dip the spoon into the peanut butter and turn it point down into the peanut butter bowl. As soon as the big dollop falls, move the spoon over to the pie and swirl the spoon around.
- Once the peanut butter drizzle is to your liking, start piping small circles on the outside of the pie with your whipped cream.
- Cut and serve. If there are leftovers, place 4 to 5 toothpicks towards the outside of the pie and one in the center. Cover with plastic wrap. The toothpicks will help keep the plastic wrap from destroying your design. You must refrigerate this pie.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)
How do you like to spruce up your pies? I'm always up for new ideas!
I was sent peanut butter from Peanut Butter & Co to try out. I was not compensated in any way. All opinions are mine alone.
Get Dessert Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox
AND A BONUS FREE Baking Substitutions too!
June Burns says
Mmmm that looks so good! I am drooling over here 🙂 Peanut butter + chocolate can do no wrong 🙂
Faith (An Edible Mosaic) says
Your pie looks so yummy! Pretty with the drizzles on top too! I bet that Peanut Butter Pie Showdown was a lot of fun! 🙂
Thanks! It was a blast from what I remember. The perfect reason to have extra pie hanging around.
Tonia from TheGunnySack says
I am weak in the knees just LOOKING at the pie! I love peanut butter and chocolate too!
It's literally the best combination ever!
This looks so creamy and lush. Love no-bake pies. I have homemade peanutella I the fridge--just waiting for this pie. 🙂
Thank you! Sounds like a great time to make the pie! 😀
pam (Sidewalk Shoes) says
I can just imagine how good this is!
There are less calories just imagining! 😀
you can never go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter - and I'll take this all dolled up or plain! YUM!
Kristen @ A Mind Full Mom says
Considering I have an obsession with Chocolate and Peanut Butter--these look like perfection!
Thank you Kristen!
Wow, this looks amazing! I'm hungry just looking at it. I love peanut butter and chocolate together. This would be great for my family. I'll have to add it to my list.
Thank you, Meagan!
This pie looks so rich and decadent! I'd love to be a judge for a pie contest! 🙂
Thank you, Tiffany! I feel like I would make a great judge too!
Shannon @ Dinner from the Heart says
You can never go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate. I have a whole houseful of boys that are clamoring for me to try this pie, now. We love a great mousse pie. Great recipe!! 🙂
I agree! Peanut butter and chocolate together get me giddy! I hope the boys got what they wanted! 😀
Linda Omura says
You can't go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate. The pie looks luscious!
Thank you, Linda!
Jennifer | Bake or Break says
What a gorgeous pie! I'm always on board with chocolate and peanut butter!
Thank you, Jennifer! haha me too!
Kim @ 2justByou says
Your PB drizzle for garnish looks great! Of course, whipped cream is always welcome on any of my pies as well.
Thank you Kim!
Katie Pierce says
This looks so rich and delicious 🙂 Thanks for sharing!
Thank you, Katie! It is incredibly rich, but so amazing. 😀
No wonder you got your man!! This pie is just screaming yumminess!!
hahah! I know! 😀
Emily @ Love, Pasta and a Tool Belt says
Ok seriously this looks amazing!!
haha. Thanks Emily!
Natalie @ Life Made Simple says
Love the dark chocolate and pb combo! This looks so yummy and easy!
Thank you, Natalie! It's very easy and so.. so yummy. 😀
The magic words were peanut butter so I'm in!
Yum, yum, yum! This looks so delicious!!
Thanks Emily! That's what I like to hear!
This sounds incredible! I love peanut butter!
Thank you! Peanut butter is a favorite of mine too. 🙂
If I were to make this dark chcolate peanut butter pie, I'd probably not share it with anyone!
Yeah, I can't blame you. lol
Jessica (Savory Experiments) says
Holy moly! Would you look at that pie? AH-mazing!!!
This looks absolutely amazing!! Definitely trying this.
Linda @ Veganosity says
Oh my goodness, this looks amazing! I'm going to have to try and veganize this! I'll let you know if it works out. 🙂
Please let me know if it works out! That's an amazing idea!
Rebecca Hubbell says
This looks pretty heavenly and I've got a major chocolate craving right now, if only I could grab it through the screen!
Thank you, Rebecca! If only I could have put the fork down, there would be some left to send you!
Stephanie of The TipToe Fairy says
Wow, that looks amazing. I'd love a slice right now.
Annie @Maebells says
Delicious!! I adore chocolate and peanut butter!
Thank you, Annie!
I'm gaining pounds just looking at this... Absolutely lo die for! Love your photography btw xxx
Thank you Bee! It's winter, gaining pounds is okay!
We have a Pie Night coming up at church here soon. Think I found the one I am making!
Oh yes! They won't know what hit them!
Yvonne [Tried and Tasty] says
I have no words... I want a piece of that right now!
lol Thank you!
Jessy @ The Life Jolie says
This looks delicious! Dark chocolate is always better than other kinds of chocolate and mixing in peanut butter is never a bad thing!
I stopped by from Motivation Monday.
Diana Rambles says
This looks fantastic!!
Thank you, Diana. It's a favorite of ours!
This pie looks HEAVENLY! We would love for you to share this at the Awesome Things Tuesday Link Party here:http://artzycreations.com/awesome-things-tuesday-65/ Have a great day!
Thanks, Melanie! 😀
Lisa | A Merry Mom says
Wow, that looks beautiful and sounds scrumptious! I love how you've garnished it. Pinned.
Thank you! It's one of my favorites!
This looks great! There are actually very few things that I like peanut butter in, but pie is absolutely one of them! Pinning this!
Thank you, Chelsey!
Oh my! I love chocolate. I think its my weakness. And this pie looks so delicious! 🙂
Thank you! 😀
Looks so yummy! 😉
Thanks Crystal. Very yummy, indeed!
Dini @ Giramuk's Kitchen says
Miranda that looks amazing!! It definitely made me weak in the knees! 🙂 Pinning!
Thank you, Dini! It's one of my very favorite pies. 😀
Heather @ My Overflowing Cup says
This looks amazing! I think this would be a wonderful dessert for Easter dinner.
Thanks so much for sharing your recipe with us.
Thank you! We did have it for dessert for Easter!