This Oreo Cheesecake is the ultimate cookies and cream lovers cheesecake recipe. There's an Oreo cookie crust, with a thick, velvety Oreo cheesecake filling and topped with whipped cream. If you love Oreo's, this is the cheesecake recipe to try. See the rest of my cheesecake recipes here.
This Baked Oreo cheesecake recipe is inspired by the Tiktok Oreo Mug Cake! I am so impressed with this recipe! I think if you are a fan of the famous Oreo cookie you will enjoy this recipe.
Cheesecake is one of my go-to desserts. Always plan to make cheesecake a day in advance as it needs to chill in the fridge through the night. Then slice into a thick, creamy cheesecake that will melt in your mouth.
How to Make Oreo Cheesecake
How to Make Oreo Crust For Cheesecake | Making an Oreo cookie crust is pretty easy. Just crush up your Oreo Cookies. You can add Oreos in a food processor to pulse till crumbles like sand, or use a sealable bag and a rolling pin.
Press the crust into the pan pressing down so it sticks well and will hold up when you slice into your cheesecake.
Cheesecake Filling | After your crust is done you will work on your cheesecake filling. Working with room temperature ingredients is a must. It will provide you with the right texture for your cheesecake.
Get your mixture all whipped up making sure to not overmix once you add in your eggs. Pour into your pan and bake accordingly.
Topping | After your cheesecake has cooled in the fridge overnight you can work on the topping. I love an Oreo cheesecake that has topping. But if you prefer an oreo cheesecake without sour cream or whipping cream you can skip this step.
Otherwise whip it up, and then decorate your cheesecake how would like like. Then slice and serve up your homemade cheesecake!
Craving More Cheesecake Recipes
- Blueberry Cheesecake | Here is a blueberry cheesecake that offers that classic golden crust, creamy filling, and sweet blueberries in every bite.
- Salted Caramel Cookie Dough Cheesecake | This is another tasty cookies cheesecake you might enjoy. Salted caramel and cookie dough collide.
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries | Grab some strawberries and create a delicious bite-size dessert. No-bake cheesecake stuffed berries!
- Dalgona Coffee Cheesecake Bars | These no-bake cheesecake bars are a rich and creamy bar with a whipped Dalgona coffee topping folded into it.
Best Way To Store Leftover Cheesecake
Fridge | Cheesecake is perishable so it needs to be stored in the fridge. You can buy a container that is airtight to store your cheesecake in. This will help prevent odors from seeping in and changing the flavor of your cheesecake.
Store for up to 5 days or so in the fridge. Then after that you might want to toss leftovers.
Freezing | Cheesecake can be frozen. I like to pre-slice cheesecake and place parchment paper in between each slice. So when you want a slice just pull one out of the freezer. Thaw on the counter for a quick thaw or place in the fridge overnight.
This cookies and cream cheesecake is great for parties, weeknight dessert, entertaining guests and more.
Shop this post:
- 1 ½ cups crushed Oreos about 18 Oreos
- 5 tablespoons butter melted
- 40 Oreos crushed
- 1 cup whole milk
- 24 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons crushed Oreos for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray the sides of the 9-inch springform pan with nonstick baking spray. Wrap the sides of the pan with a strip of parchment paper.
- Add the whole Oreos in a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form.
- Pour in the butter and pulse until the butter has coated all of the oreo crumbs.
- Pour the crumbs in the bottom of the prepared pan and firmly press them evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Place into the fridge or freezer to firm up while working on the cheesecake batter.
- Add the whole Oreos in the food processor and pulse until all of the cookies are turned into fine crumbs.
- Add the Oreos to a bowl.
- Add the milk to the Oreos and let them sit for 5 to 10 minutes. Whisk the mixture until creamy. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the cream cheese. Beat with a hand mixer on medium until smooth.
- Add in the sugar and vanilla extract. Beat on medium until combined.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and beat just until incorporated. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl before adding the next egg.
- Pour about 1 cup of oreo mixture into in with the cream cheese batter. Beat just until incorporated. Adding a small amount will help prevent the batter from forming lumps.
- Add the remaining oreo mixture and continue to beat until it's all combined being careful to not overmix the batter.
- Just before adding the cheesecake mixture, wrap the outside of the springform pan with 2 layers of heavy-duty tin foil. You can save the foil and put the pan in a slightly larger pan instead.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the prepared pan on top of the crust.
- Place the cheesecake into a slightly bigger pan and fill the outer pan with 1 inch of water. If you're not using foil, there this will be the third pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes – 1 hour 25 minutes until done. To make sure the cheesecake is done, give it a wiggle. If it slightly jiggles in JUST the middle like jello, then it's done. If it jiggles all over, it needs to bake longer. Turn off the heat and crack the oven door slightly. Let it cool in the oven for 1 to 2 hours until it reaches room temperature and then place it in the fridge to chill overnight.
- Just before serving, make and add the whipped cream to the cheesecake.
- Add the heavy cream and powdered sugar in a large mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat until stiff peaks form.
- Place the whipped cream into a piping bag fitted with a 1M tip. Pipe swirls on top of the chilled cheesecake.
- Sprinkle with Oreo crumbs.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)
Get Dessert Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox
AND A BONUS FREE Baking Substitutions too!
Leave a Reply