Truffles. with Oreos and a baby Reese’s in the middle. Whose attention do I have now? Yours. Good! So, I finally got my hands on some Reese’s Oreo’s. Well, to be honest, the husband got his hands on these Oreo’s first. Almost all of them, actually. Luckily, after sneaking them, he was generous enough to leave me 12 cookies.
Who am I kidding..
I just beat him to the rest of the cookies. He must have literally stood in the kitchen and ate the Oreo’s. Tricky man. His excuse for inhaling my recipe cookies? You take forever to make something with the things you buy. It’s true, but no means no.
If you can’t find the Reese’s Oreo cookies, feel free to try the original Oreo’s. You could also try this with other flavors and coordinate the little candy in the center with the Oreo flavor. I would not recommend mint Oreo’s with a Reese’s mini peanut butter cup in the center. That gives me the heebie-jeebies just typing it. Yuck..
You need to try these Reese’s Oreo Truffles. Try ’em! Do it.
Reese’s Oreo Truffles
- 12 Reese's Peanut Butter Oreo Cookies (Original's will work)
- 3 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1 T. granulated sugar
- 17 - 20 mini unwrapped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate candy melts
- 1 tsp. shortening
- In a food processor, add in the cookies. Process on high until there are only crumbs.
- Add in the cream cheese and sugar and pulse until the truffle balls up into a ball.
- Place in a bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Scoop out truffles with a cookie scoop. Place a mini peanut butter cup in the center of the truffle. Roll back into a ball and place onto a plate. Repeat with the rest of the truffles.
- Place back in the fridge for another 30 minutes.
- Place the chocolate melting wafers and shortening in a microwavable bowl for 30 second intervals. Stir after each 30 second interval. It took mine 3 30 second interval to melt completely so there were no lumps.
- Dip cold truffles into the chocolate and tap off remaining chocolate. Place on a piece of parchment paper or wax paper until dry.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up to get my FREE Baking Substitutions and Conversions sheets! Join the 5000 others who are receiving our dessert newsletters and baking challenges.