This extra creamy Peanut Butter Pumpkin Pie is such a unique Thanksgiving dessert. It's loaded with peanut butter, pumpkin, and all of the traditional pumpkin pie spices.
It's that time again! You know, where we share a peanut butter dessert for the Peanut Butter Bash! This month our secret ingredient that was paired up with peanut butter was pumpkin! Yes, I was slightly intimidated. It's cool though. I handled it with finesse. (I think)
So, I made a down right delicious peanut butter pumpkin pie!I used the Jif Whips Pumpkin Pie Spice flavored peanut butter. It's what makes this pie. I went to Target to grab mine, but I'm seeing it in local stores now. You must get it for this pie.
I should probably also let you know what my husband has informed me how it tastes best. Get ready for this. The magic to this pie..
Are you ready for this? It's a dollop of homemade whipped cream on top.
Yep, you're welcome. I'm here with all the secret tips and tricks.
You really should give this recipe a try, especially if you're looking for a little twist on the plain ol' pumpkin pie. The holidays are here and pie baking is in full swing. Well, at least at my house. Get crazy with it. Sling some peanut butter in your pumpkin pie!
Peanut Butter Pumpkin Pie
- 1 store-bought pie crust or homemade
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 15 oounces pumpkin puree
- ½ cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add in the brown sugar, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Whisk until the spices are incorporated and there are no lumps.
- Add in the pumpkin puree, peanut butter, 2 eggs, heavy cream, and maple syrup. Mix on low with a hand mixer until combined.
- Roll out pie dough and line an 9 inch pie plate with dough. Trim edges and crimp them.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into the pie crust.
- Place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Without opening oven, reduce oven to 350 degrees and continue baking for 30 - 40 minutes. To make sure the pie is done, give it a wiggle. If it slightly jiggles in JUST the middle like jello, then it's done. If it jiggles all over, it needs to bake longer. Turn off the heat and crack the oven door slightly. Let it cool in the oven
- Once completely cooled, store in the refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, pour in the heavy cream. Whip on medium until it begins to thicken. Turn the mixer on high and beat until the cream reaches soft peaks.
- Sift in the powdered sugar and continue mixing until it reaches a firm consistency.
- Store in the fridge.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)