Instant Pot Pecan Pie Cheesecake is going to be an incredible dessert for you to serve up this holiday season. This Instant Pot Pecan Pie Cheesecake Recipe is rather easy to make. It has a dense, creamy vanilla cheesecake layer with a pecan pie filling poured on top. It's loaded with the fall flavors that everyone loves. Check out more of my Instant Pot Cheesecakes too.
I love making desserts for the holidays, and this pecan pie cheesecake is a new favorite. It brings two popular holiday desserts together and creates one decadent dessert everyone will want a slice for.
Let me walk you through how to make Instant Pot pecan pie cheesecake below, and help set you up for success when it comes to making cheesecake.
Equipment You'll Need
How to make Instant Pot Pecan Pie Cheesecake
You will create a classic graham cracker crust layer, that you will press down into the pan. This is just like any other recipe for cheesecake. Super easy and quick to do.
For the cheesecake layer, you will whip up your ingredients until they are light and fluffy. The key is to use softened cream cheese. If you don't the cheesecake will not be creamy but rather a cottage cheese texture. If you have that curdled look it means your cream cheese needs to be softened more.
Pecan Pie Layer
Then once you assemble your cheesecake and cook it so that it can firm up enough to hold the pecans, it's time to add on the pecan pie layer. This is going to be creamy and gooey, as it would be the filling in a traditional pecan pie. Pile it onto the cheesecake and cook away.
Do You Have To Chill Cheesecake Once It Is Cooked?
Yes. Cheesecake has to be placed in the fridge anywhere from 12 to 24 hours. The reason being is the cheesecake layer needs to set up and become firm. Otherwise, you will end up with a really soft and somewhat gooey cheesecake. Once it fully sets up it will then be sliceable and ready to serve.
Just cover with plastic wrap and chill until the time is up and you are ready to serve.
Can Instant Pot Pecan Pie Cheesecake be Frozen?
Yes. You can freeze this Instant Pot pecan pie cheesecake. Simply allow your cheesecake to cool and be refrigerated for 12-24 hours as directed. Then if you want to freeze whole, then wrap in plastic wrap, followed by aluminum foil or even place in a freezer bag or freezer-friendly container. Then store for up to three months in the freezer.
To thaw place in the fridge overnight and allow it to thaw out slowly. Then slice and serve as normal.
How Long Can Cheesecake Sit Out On The Counter?
You never want your cheesecake to sit out longer than two hours at a time. Once you hit that two-hour mark you run the risk of bacteria growing at a rapid pace, as the temperature has gotten into the unsafe zone. This is what the USDA recommends on all foods.
Craving More Holiday Dessert Recipes
More Pecan Desserts To Try
This recipe was updated November 20, 2021 to correct the issue with the pecan pie topping sinking into the cheesecake.
Instant Pot Pecan Pie Cheesecake
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
Pecan Pie Filling
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- In a medium bowl, add the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Stir until the butter has coated all of the crumbs.
- Press the crust in the bottom of the pan and halfway up the sides.
- Place pan in the freezer for about 15 minutes while making the filling. Freezing will help hold the crust together.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cream cheese and granulated sugar. Beat with a hand mixer on medium until smooth and creamy.
- Add in one egg at a time and beat until each egg is incorporated before adding the next. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add in the flour, sour cream, and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Pour the filling into the springform/push pan and tap the pan several times on the counter to remove air bubbles.
- Cover the cheesecake with aluminum foil to prevent condensation from accumulating on the top of the cheesecake.
- Add 1 ½ cups of water to the inner pot of the Instant Pot.
- Using a sling (you can buy a sling for the Instant Pot or make one out of foil), lower the pan into the inner pot.
- Close lid and set for a manual high-pressure cooking time of 25 minutes. Manually release the pressure when the time finishes.
Pecan Pie Topping
- For the pecan pie topping, add the brown sugar, egg, corn syrup, pecans, and melted butter in a medium mixing bowl. Mix until the egg is worked into the pecan pie filling.
- After 25 minutes, slowly remove the cheesecake from the instant pot using the sling. Take the foil off of the top and gently soak up any condensation that has formed on the top of the cheesecake with a paper towel.
- Spread the pecan topping over the top of the cheesecake.
- Replace the foil and lower the cheesecake back into the instant pot, making sure it stays even and no filling spills over the side.
- Close lid and set for a manual high-pressure cooking time of 20 minutes. Allow for a natural pressure release when the cooking time has finished to give the pecans a little more cook time.
- Let the cheesecake cool on a wire rack for at least an hour before refrigerating for 12 hours or overnight.
- After 12 hours, remove the cheesecake from the refrigerator and set the pan on top of a large can. If using a push pan, push the sides of the cake pan down, slowly.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pan bottom, and set on a cake plate or serving tray. Cut and serve.
- Store in an airtight container or tightly wrapped with plastic wrap in the refrigerator.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)