Have you ever had a mayonnaise cake? This chocolate mayonnaise bundt cake uses mayo instead of butter and eggs! It has a rich, chocolate flavor and lightly, airy texture that will make you go back for seconds!
Chocolate Mayonnaise Bundt Cake
I grew up on mayonnaise cake. My mom would always make a chocolate mayonnaise cake with peanut butter frosting birthdays. We’re all pretty big fans of chocolate and peanut butter except for my dad. He’s kind a party pooper about peanut butter.
This recipe came from the Bundt Cake Bliss cookbook though and not from my mama bear. Nordic Ware sent me over a copy along with the beautiful crown bundt pan. Yayyyy! I love getting new cookbooks and bundt pans.
I used to despise bundt pans in my early days of baking. I was young and naive. Okay, so I’m still a little naive, but it’s okay. I’ll learn as I go and love every minute of it. With bundt pans, butter those crevices and butter them well. Then dust them with flour or cocoa powder.
I actually like to us a non-stick cooking spray with flour already in it. It works like a charm. The only thing that I don’t love is that while spraying it, it feels like it’s going directly into my lungs and I cough the entire time I’m spraying it. My husband’s advice was to quit breathing while spraying the pans. That tip is so useful, I had to pass it on to you folks. Sarcasm included.
I have been checking out all of the great recipes in the book. It’s more of a fall recipe, but I really had my eye on the apple butter bundt with cider glaze. I get weak at the knees for apple butter.
Of course, there are about 50 more recipes I want to make that aren’t fall..ish. The tunnel of fudge bundt – need it, the chococolate cherry fudge bundt – yes please, and the list goes on. I wouldn’t be surprised if you see that apple butter recipe though.
Chocolate Mayonnaise Bundt Cake
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 T. corn syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 10-12 cup bundt pan and dust with flour or cocoa powder. I use the Baker's Joy spray that's grease AND flour.
- In a large bowl, add in the cocoa powder and boiling water. Whisk until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- After it's cooled, add in the vanilla and mayonnaise. Whisk until incorporated.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, sugar, and salt.
- Add the chocolate mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and beat with a hand mixer on medium for about 1 minute.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Place into the oven and bake for 30 - 45 minutes or until done. Insert a toothpick into the center of the cake and if it comes out clean or with moist crumbs, it's done. Batter means bake it longer.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes and turn turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cake is cooled, transfer to a cake plate.
- In a small saucepan, add in the heavy cream, corn syrup, salt, and chocolate chips. Place over medium heat and stir constantly until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Let the glaze cool 15 - 20 minutes until it has thickened. Drizzle on top of the cooled cake.
Other great bundt cakes
Nordic Ware sent me the crown bundt pan and the bundt cake bliss cookbook to share in a post. I was not compensated.
This post contains affiliate links. Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.