Have you ever had a mayonnaise cake? This chocolate mayonnaise bundt cake uses mayo instead of butter and eggs! It has a rich, chocolate flavor and light, airy texture that will make you go back for seconds!
Chocolate Mayonnaise Bundt Cake
I grew up on mayonnaise cake. My mom would always make a chocolate mayonnaise cake with peanut butter frosting birthdays. We're all pretty big fans of chocolate and peanut butter except for my dad. He's kind of a party pooper about peanut butter.
This recipe came from the Bundt Cake Bliss cookbook though and not from my mama bear. Nordic Ware sent me over a copy along with the beautiful crown bundt pan. Yayyyy! I love getting new cookbooks and bundt pans.
I used to despise bundt pans in my early days of baking. I was young and naive. Okay, so I'm still a little naive, but it's okay. I'll learn as I go and love every minute of it. With bundt pans, butter those crevices and butter them well. Then dust them with flour or cocoa powder.
I actually like to us a non-stick cooking spray with flour already in it. It works like a charm. The only thing that I don't love is that while spraying it, it feels like it's going directly into my lungs and I cough the entire time I'm spraying it. My husband's advice was to quit breathing while spraying the pans. That tip is so useful, I had to pass it on to you folks. Sarcasm included.
I have been checking out all of the great recipes in the book. It's more of a fall recipe, but I really had my eye on the apple butter bundt with cider glaze. I get weak at the knees for apple butter.
Of course, there are about 50 more recipes I want to make that aren't fall..ish. The tunnel of fudge bundt - need it, the chococolate cherry fudge bundt - yes please, and the list goes on. I wouldn't be surprised if you see that apple butter recipe though.
More bundt cakes
How to make chocolate mayonnaise bundt cake
Chocolate Mayonnaise Bundt Cake
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 T. corn syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 10-12 cup bundt pan and dust with flour or cocoa powder. I use the Baker's Joy spray that's grease AND flour.
- In a large bowl, add in the cocoa powder and boiling water. Whisk until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- After it's cooled, add in the vanilla and mayonnaise. Whisk until incorporated.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, sugar, and salt.
- Add the chocolate mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and beat with a hand mixer on medium for about 1 minute.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Place into the oven and bake for 30 - 45 minutes or until done. Insert a toothpick into the center of the cake and if it comes out clean or with moist crumbs, it's done. Batter means bake it longer.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes and turn turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cake is cooled, transfer to a cake plate.
- In a small saucepan, add in the heavy cream, corn syrup, salt, and chocolate chips. Place over medium heat and stir constantly until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Let the glaze cool 15 - 20 minutes until it has thickened. Drizzle on top of the cooled cake.
Nordic Ware sent me the crown bundt pan and the bundt cake bliss cookbook to share in a post. I was not compensated.