Did you know November is National Peanut Butter Month? It is and I’m throwing some jelly stuffed peanut butter cookies at you for it. These cookies are incredibly soft and each bite as a little strawberry jelly in it. I. love. it. I’m a sucker for peanut butter and jelly anything, like my peanut butter and jelly fudge or peanut butter jelly coffee cake.
My friend Jennifer from the blog Bake or Break sent me her brand spanking new baking cookbook Quick-Shop-&-Prep 5 Ingredient Baking(aff. link) to check out. You can see it peeking out from beneath the cookies that I made. These cookies are from her book and they are so amazing.
The recipes aren’t just 5 ingredients though, it’s assumed you have a stocked pantry with some staples like eggs, sugar, butter, flour. I know I have all those things always. There’s a +2 ingredient, +3 ingredient, +4 ingredient and +5 ingredient chapter. The ingredients can range from strawberry jam, peanut butter, cream cheese, pecans and the list goes on.
I’m so glad that I chose this recipe to make. Those peanut butter cookies are so tender. They have the most delicious jelly surprise. You must try jelly stuffed peanut butter cookies. Put it on your bucket list.
It was a ridiculously tough decision to make these jelly stuffed peanut butter cookies. I wanted to do the strawberry pot pies, but I decided to wait until I can get some fresh picked strawberries this spring. You should see the recipe for that. It looks so juicy and vibrant.
Jelly Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add in the flour baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add in the butter, peanut butter and light brown sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Use a tablespoon scoop and scoop out the cookie dough. Roll into a ball between your two palms and press into a disk.
- Place about 1/2 teaspoon of strawberry preserves in the center of the disc and place another disc on top of the strawberry preservers and fold the edges down.
- Place on the baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between the cookies.
- Place in the oven and bake for 13 - 16 minutes or until the cookies are lightly browned.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.