No bake birthday cheesecake is the ultimate no bake cheesecake recipe. It's loaded with vanilla pudding, yellow cake mix, and rainbow sprinkles! Whip up this creamy, delicious birthday inspired cheesecake for your next birthday celebration! Grab more no bake cheesecake recipes here.
If you love cheesecake as much as me. You might want to take a gander at these recipes as well. Try this Oreo cheesecake, mint chocolate cheesecake, salted caramel cookie dough cheesecake, sweet potato cheesecake bars or my baked birthday cheesecake!
No Bake Birthday Cheesecake
Give this no bake birthday dessert a try and let me know what you think. A thick velvety cheesecake that gives you all the flavors of a classic birthday cake.
- No Bake Birthday Cheesecake
- No Bake Birthday Cheesecake Ingredients
- How to make No Bake Birthday Cheesecake
- Tips for making this cheesecake
- How should I store this No Bake Birthday Cheesecake?
- Can you freeze a No Bake Cheesecake?
- How long will this cheesecake last?
- Can This Cheesecake Be Made Into Mini Cheesecakes
- No Bake Birthday Cheesecake
No Bake Birthday Cheesecake Ingredients
- Crust | I used birthday cake Oreos and butter to make the crust. You are welcome to swap them with Golden Oreos as well.
- Cheesecake Filling | Instant Pudding, heavy cream, yellow cake mix, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla are the filling. Whip it up nice and creamy. The key is room temperature cream cheese for a velvety filling.
- Topping | Whipped toppings, lots of sprinkles, and powdered sugar is all you need to make this easy and colorful topping.
How to make No Bake Birthday Cheesecake
Start by working on your Oreo Birthday cake crust. I crushed up Oreos and then mixed with butter. Once it was crumbly like sand, I pressed it into the pie pan.
You can change out the Oreo flavor for the crust or use the same measurements to make a homemade graham cracker crust.
Once the crust is done, add your filling ingredients into a bowl and whip up until super creamy. Be sure to check down below the order that I added the ingredient to avoid a lumpy cheesecake.
Then spoon the cheesecake batter into the springform pan on top of the crust. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours as directed below.
Once cheesecake is set up and firm, work on your topping and decorate. Then you're ready to serve up an incredible birthday dessert cheesecake.
Tips for making this cheesecake
- You can use any flavor oreo, pudding, and dry cake mix in this recipe to experiment with new flavors of cheesecake.
- Pressing the crust up the sides of the pan makes for an easy release of the springform pan.
- Add rainbow sprinkles to the cheesecake filling and swirl as little as possible to avoid the colors from bleeding into the filling for a funfetti cheesecake.
- Once the cheesecake filling is in the springform pan, give it several taps on the counter to help get rid of most of the air bubbles. You may need to smooth out the top of the cheesecake afterward.
How should I store this No Bake Birthday Cheesecake?
Due to the dairy products in the cheesecake you will want to make sure you keep it covered tightly and stored in the refrigerator. It will store for up to 5 days or so.
Just use your best judgement in terms of the quality. You can wrap in aluminum foil or plastic wrap, or buy a container to store pies so it can be airtight.
Can you freeze a No Bake Cheesecake?
No bake cheesecake does freeze really well. Simply cover and store in the freezer after you have allowed your cheesecake to fully set up. Make sure it is really protected from getting freezer burned.
Then store for up to three months. Thaw in the fridge a few hours or overnight before you plan to eat. Or if you want just a slice as a treat, let it thaw at room temperature.
How long will this cheesecake last?
You can expect this cheesecake to store for 5 days or so. But like any dessert, it is best when eaten within the first few days of making. If you don't plan to eat it all right away, then simply freeze as directed above.
Can This Cheesecake Be Made Into Mini Cheesecakes
Grab that muffin tin and some cupcake liners and transform this birthday cheesecake into cupcakes. Just press down a bit of the crust, then top with the creamy cheesecake filling. It will need to set up just like the regular size cheesecake.
Then decorate with a dollop of frosting and a sprinkle of your favorite birthday sprinkles.
No Bake Birthday Cheesecake
- 30 Birthday Cake flavored Oreos
- 8 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 ounce box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 24 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 ½ cups dry yellow cake mix
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- rainbow sprinkles
- Lightly spray the sides of a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick baking spray. Line the sides with a 3-inch wide strip of parchment paper. The cheesecake will go above the 9-inch springform pan, but the parchment paper strip will catch it. You can also use a 9.5-inch springform pan to prevent overfill.
- Add the oreos in a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form. You can also add them to a storage bag and smash with a rolling pin. The Oreo filling may stick to the bag.
- Add in the melted butter and continue to pulse until the crumbs are all coated with butter.
- Pour the crumbs into the prepared pan and firmly press them into the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- Place in the fridge to chill while preparing the cheesecake batter.
- In a large bowl, add in the heavy whipped cream and instant pudding mix. Beat with a hand mixer on medium until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add in the cream cheese. Beat with the hand mixer on medium until smooth.
- Add in the cake mix and sugar. Continue to beat until everything is incorporated.
- Add in the vanilla extract and beat just until combined.
- Add the vanilla pudding whipped cream in with the cream cheese mixture. Beat for 1 to 2 minutes until smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake batter on top of the chilled crust. Spread it out evenly with an offset spatula.
- Place in the fridge overnight or for 8 hours until set.
- Add the whipped cream and sprinkles before serving.
- In a large bowl, add in the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar. Beat with a mixer on medium until stiff peaks form.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pan and pull the parchment paper strip off the sides of the cheesecake.
- Add the rainbow sprinkles to the top of the cheesecake. I left about an inch around the edge for the whipped cream.
- Place the whipped cream in a piping bag fitted with the Wilton 1M piping tip. Pipe swirls on the edge of the cheesecake.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)