It's summer time and I've been into the chilled desserts. I feel that I knocked it out of the park with this frozen oreo tiramisu. It's cold, boozy, and packed full of golden oreos. Did I mention those said oreos have been soaked in some strong coffee and coffee liqueur? Yep, it's heavenly!
This treat is boozy but if kids will be sharing this treat with you, leave it out or just substitute it with more strong coffee. It's going to taste pretty much the same either way. I just like adding a little alcohol to the desserts that I know Lucian won't be eating. It's fun and I have a huge collection of booze that I want to use every chance I get!
I could have sat down and ate the entire dessert by myself, if I'm honest. I wanted to, I really really REALLY did. I took a few bites and then a few more and walked away. Let me tell you why. I have gained 15ish pounds this summer and I have the mindset to take it back off.
Sometimes, it's incredibly hard to be a dessert food blogger and cut back on shoving all the amazing things you make into your face. It's incredibly rewarding though. I give everyone food, I get to work with some amazing people, learn a lot of new things.
Speaking of working with some amazing people, OXO sent me this 8 piece snap glass round container set to show off to you. I absolutely love this bowls. The lids are amazing. Each lid has four locking tabs and a removable gasket for a leakproof seal.
Frozen Oreo Tiramisu
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream whipped
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- ¼ cup + 1 T. coffee liqueur divided
- ¾ cup strong coffee
- 32 - 36 golden oreo cookies
- 1 - 2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a large mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff.
- In a separate bowl, add in the mascarpone cheese and sugar. Mix on medium with a hand mixer until combined.
- Add the mascarpone and cheese mixture in with the whipped heavy cream and 1 T. coffee liqueur. Mix on medium using a hand mixer until incorporated. Set aside.
- Brew your strong coffee and add in ¼ cup of the coffee liqueur. Stir.
- Dip each oreo into the hot coffee for about 10 seconds.
- Using the 7 cup bowl which is probably equivalent to an 8x8 pan, line the bottom with the soaked Oreos. It should take 8 - 9 oreos.
- Add a layer of the mascarpone whipped cream mixture and spread out evenly.
- Repeat dipping oreos and adding them to the next layer.
- Add another layer of mascarpone whipped cream mixture and spread out evenly.
- Do the oreo and mascarpone whipped cream mixture two more times.
- Place lid on the dish and place into the freezer for 2 - 4 hours to set up.
- Dust the top of the tiramisu with the cocoa powder using a small sifter. Slice and serve!
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)
Tiramisu! Love it or hate it?