This Oreo Cheesecake Brownie Bars Recipe is the ultimate chocolate lovers dessert. These bars have a brownie bottom, chocolate-filled Oreos, a creamy vanilla cheesecake, and topped with a silky chocolate ganache all in one sliceable dessert. They're the perfect decadent cheesecake bar recipe to serve up! Check out the rest of my brownie and bar recipes too!
We love a good brownie, and if you agree to that, check out these other brownie recipes to test out. Hot cocoa brownies, Snickers brownies, Cannoli brownies, or these peppermint cheesecake brownies for a minty twist.
Brownie Bottom Oreo Cheesecake Bars
I couldn't decide between a cheesecake or a brownie, so I thought why not combine the two. It was the perfect pairing and the Oreos made this dessert insanely delicious.
How to make Oreo Cheesecake Brownie Bars
Brownie Batter | The first thing to do is work on your brownie batter. I used a brownie batter for this, but homemade brownies will work great as well. Add the brownie mix as well as the required oil, water, and eggs in a large bowl and mix to combine. The amounts will be on the back of the box.
Pour the brownie batter into the greased pan and top with Oreos. Gently push the cookies down into the brownie batter a bit.
Bake as directed below.
Cheesecake Batter | While the brownies are baking you can begin to work on your cheesecake layer.
To make the cheesecake batter, start by adding cream cheese in a large bowl. Beat with a hand mixer until smooth. Add in the sugar and sour cream. Mix until incorporated. Lastly, add in the vanilla extract and egg and beat until the egg is worked into the batter.
When the brownie is done baking, pour the cheesecake over the brownies and place back in the oven to bake until the edges are slightly golden and the center of the cheesecake is set and doesn't jiggle.
Chocolate Ganache | Next you work on the ganache that you will pour over the brownies. It adds so much more rich chocolate flavor to every single bite.
To make the ganache add the chocolate chips and heavy cream to a small saucepan. Heat until the chocolate chips are melted and the ganache is smooth and stir constantly.
How to store Brownie Bottom Cheesecake Bars
Since you have a cheesecake layer in these bars they are best when stored in the fridge. Otherwise, you will find the cheesecake brownie bars will spoil when left out at room temperature.
Make sure to place in an airtight container or cover tightly with plastic wrap and place in the fridge.
How long do these bars last?
You will be able to store your bars for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. You might be able to stretch it farther but you will find that they bars begin to lose some of the flavor and the texture alters a bit.
You can make these a day in advance of when you plan to serve these bars.
Can you freeze Brownie Bottom Oreo Cheesecake Bars
Absolutely. You are more than welcome to store the brownie bottom bars in the freezer for 3-4 months. Just allow the brownies to be fully cooled and set up. It's best to chill them overnight in the fridge so the ganache firms up.
If you're freezing the bars whole, pull the brownies out of the pan with the piece of parchment paper. Place the bars whole in a freezer-safe airtight container and place in the freezer.
If you're freezing the bars already cut, place the sliced bars on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and place in the freezer until frozen. Wrap the slices tightly in plastic wrap and then place in a freezer-safe airtight container or freezer bag.
Remove however many you want and allow them to thaw on the counter for around 30 minutes and then enjoy or place in the fridge and allow the brownies to slowly thaw overnight.
Can I use homemade brownies?
If you prefer to make homemade brownies in replace of boxed, you are more than welcome to. Just grab whatever your go-to brownie recipe is, and bake the same.
Can I use different Oreos?
Go right ahead and use a different Oreo than a classic. Mint Oreos, Oreo thins, Golden Oreos, etc all would be a great option. Feel free to play around with varieties of Oreos and see what the best combination to brownie and cheesecake tastes best for you.
Can I Double This Oreo Cheesecake Brownie Recipe
You absolutely can double this brownie bar recipe. All you have to do is double the recipe and use a 9x13 pan. You can buy a larger brownie mix, and then add in extra Oreos and cheesecake filling.
Oreo Cheesecake Brownie Bars
- 18.4 ounce box brownie mix plus ingredients needed for brownie mix
- 22 Chocolate Cream Oreos divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon full-fat sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper and spray the parchment paper with nonstick baking spray.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the directions on the box.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread out evenly.
- Line the top of the batter with 16 Oreos and slightly push them into the batter.
- Bake this layer for 35-40 minutes, until the top is set but not completely done.
- Add the cream cheese in a medium bowl and beat with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add in the sour cream and sugar. Beat until combined.
- Add in the egg and vanilla. Mix just until everything is incorporated.
- Pour the cheesecake batter over the top of the brownies and spread to the edges.
- Bake for another 30-35 minutes, until the edges are a light brown color and the middle doesn’t jiggle.
- Remove and cool for 30 minutes before topping with the chocolate.
- Place the chocolate chips and heavy cream into a small saucepan and melt over medium heat. Stir constantly.
- Once the chocolate chips are completely melted, remove the pan from the stove and spoon all over the top of the cheesecake layer.
- Crush up the remaining 6 Oreos and sprinkle all over the top.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Cut and serve.