This Quick and Easy Oreo Fluff is a no-bake dessert filled with marshmallows, Oreos, cream cheese, whipped topping, and cheesecake pudding. Kids and adults go crazy for this cheesecake salad!
Oreo Fluff is a creamy and delicious Oreo pudding dessert that is a must make for those weeknights you want something sweet, or bring to a summer cookout. Give this oreo fluff salad a try today.
If you want something easy to make that doesn't require the oven, this dessert is calling your name. 6 ingredients is all that is needed for this dessert.
What is in Oreo FluffFor exact amounts click here to jump to the recipe
- Oreos - I bought a party pack with 87 cookie sandwiches in it so I had plenty to work with. If you need additional ideas to use up the remaining Oreos, check out this Oreo Cheesecake Brownie Bars Recipe or Oreo Cheesecake Recipe.
- Cheesecake Pudding Mix - Use the cheesecake flavored INSTANT pudding mix. Vanilla or White Chocolate instant pudding will work great too.
- Cream Cheese - This will need to be at room temperature.
- Whole Milk - This helps loosen up the cream cheese/pudding mixture.
- Whipped Topping - This should be thawed but also still chilled.
- Marshmallows - Use mini marshmallows for this recipe.
- Chocolate Chips (Optional) - Mini chocolate chips would make a great addition to this recipe.
How to make Oreo fluff
Step 1 - Start by adding the softened cream cheese and instant pudding mix together. Beat with a hand mixer on medium speed until there are no lumps of cream cheese left.
Step 2 - Add in about ¼ cup of chopped Oreos and the milk about ¼ cup at a time. The Oreos will break down to crumbs as you mix in the milk. It's important to add the milk a little at a time and mix until combined otherwise lumps will form and they will be impossible to get rid of.
Once the milk is all incorporated, beat for an additional 1 to 2 minutes until it thickens. You can see in the second picture above that it was thick enough that it had formed ripples in the mixture and didn't smooth back out.
Step 3 - Fold in the thawed but chilled whipped topping until completely incorporated. You don't need to use the hand mixer for this.
Step 4 - Add in the mini marshmallows, remaining chopped Oreos, and chocolate chips if you want to use them. Stir until evenly distributed.
Cover with plastic wrap and let the fluff chill in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours until thickened and chilled.
Step 5 - Scoop the fluff into a serving bowl and sprinkle the additional chopped cookies and mini marshmallows on top.
Variations to Recipe
- Use a different flavor of pudding. You might like vanilla, French vanilla, white chocolate or even a chocolate pudding instead of the cheesecake pudding.
- Use dehydrated marshmallows for a fun change of texture or fruity marshmallows.
- Add in chopped candy bars in place of chocolate chips.
- Use chocolate chip cookies in place of Oreo cookies.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can expect this fluff to last for around 5 to 7 days in the fridge. You will find after a couple of days it begins to separate a bit. You can use a spatula and mix it up until it is re-incorporated.
Feel free to freeze any of the leftover fluff. Place in an airtight container, or pour the mixture into popsicle molds to use as ice pops. The Oreo fluff will store for 2-3 months in a freezer container or freezer bag.
Go right ahead and make this dessert a day or two in advance. Just leave the Oreo cookies on top to add the crunch of the pudding.
You will use whole Oreos that you crunch up. No need to remove the filling, but I wouldn't recommend using double stuf Oreos. You can use Oreo thins or even mini Oreos if you would like though.
Use low fat milk and opt for a sugar free pudding mix. This will help reduce some of the sugar and you can even use a sugar free cool whip. The only thing is the Oreos, but you might find a brand of sandwich cookies that are sugar free you can use.
More Fluff Dessert Salads To Try
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 3.4 ounce box Instant Cheesecake Pudding Mix
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 8 ounces whipped topping thawed
- 36 Oreo cookies chopped
- 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- 1 ½ cups mini chocolate chips optional
- 4 Oreo cookies chopped
- 5 to 10 mini marshmallows
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cream cheese and instant pudding mix. Beat on medium speed using a hand mixer until combined.
- Add about ¼ cup of the chopped Oreos and beat until combined.
- Add the milk in small amounts to the mixture and beat in each additional. This will prevent any lumps from forming. If you add too much liquid too quickly you will have lumps that will be impossible to beat out. Scrape down the sides of the bowl before adding more milk.
- Once all of the milk is combined, beat until the mixture begins to thicken, about 1 minute.
- Fold in the thawed whipped topping until completely combined.
- Add the marshmallows, remaining chopped Oreos, and chocolate chips if you're choosing to use them to the bowl and stir until evenly distributed.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill for 1 to 2 hours. This will allow the fluff to thicken up and soften the cookies a bit too.
- Once chilled, place the Oreo fluff in a serving dish and sprinkle the 4 chopped Oreos and the miniature marshmallows on top of the fluff.
- Store in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap in the fridge.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)