This is my first time purposely making a gluten-free dessert. That's right, a gluten free chocolate peanut butter cake with a chocolate peanut butter ganache. I've learned so much reading up on gluten free and I have to give props to the families and bloggers out there that are completely gluten free. How in the world do you do it or even afford it? Nevermind, that's a dumb question.
Since a lot of my readers aren't accustomed to gluten free specific recipes, I wanted to make this one easily adaptable for them as well. You can do that by switching the gluten-free flour to regular all-purpose flour and leave out the xanthan gum. That's it!
This cake is extremely moist and dense. I mean if you want to burn some calories before indulging in this cake, just lift the dense bugger a few times. I think the 1 and ¾ cups of peanut butter might have something to do with it, but I can't be for sure.
Did I mention that I'm also participating in a pretty neat giveaway with this recipe? I put in some money with a few other bloggers to get one lucky winner a KitchenAid 5 QT Stand Mixer, prize pack from Rodelle Vanilla, and $100 gift card to Sweetapolita's Sprinkle Shop!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake (gluten free)
- ¾ cup salted butter cubed
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 T . vegetable oil
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 + ¾ cups smooth peanut butter divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoon . vanilla bean paste
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 + ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ teaspoon . baking powder
- 2 teaspoon . xanthan gum
- ¾ cup milk chocolate chips
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Sprinkles for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10 inch bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray. Dust the bundt pan with 2 T. cocoa powder. Tap out any excess cocoa powder. This will help keep the cake from sticking. Set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, add in the cubed butter and hot water. Place into the microwave for 2 and half minutes until the water is bubbling and the butter is melted.
- Add in the vegetable oil, cocoa powder, and 1 cup of peanut butter. Whisk until everything is incorporated and smooth.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla bean paste and whisk until combined and smooth.
- In a separate bowl, add in the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and xanthan gum. Whisk until combined.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients. Add in the lightly beaten eggs. Stir with a spatula until all of the dry ingredients are incorporated. Switch to a whisk and whisk until the batter is smooth. I added in the eggs at this point to avoid cooking the eggs in the boiling water.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan. Add in the remaining ¾ cup of smooth peanut butter in dollops on top of the batter. Using a butter knife or skewer, swirl the peanut butter into the batter.
- Place into the preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 - 20 minutes or until done. You'll want to place a skewer into the bundt cake and if it comes out with moist crumbs, it's done. Mine took 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Let the cake cool for about 20 minutes. Turn the cake out onto a wire rack and cool. Let cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the cake to a cake plate.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add in the milk chocolate chips, peanut butter, and heavy cream. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat microwaving for 30 seconds and stir again. If it still has some lumps, microwave one last time for 20 seconds and stir.
- Add the ganache to the top of the cooled cake. The ganache will be thick. I added dollops all around the top of the bundt and then tapped the cake plate to smooth out the ganache.
- I added sprinkles to the top and served!
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Other amazing gluten free recipes!
Gluten Free Coconut Cake - What The Fork Food Blog
Gluten Free Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes - Gluten-Free Palate
Bourbon Tropical Peach Cocktail - Fearless Dining
Kir Royale Cocktails - The Heritage Cook
Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes - My Gluten Free Miami
Gluten Free Cookie Cake - Flippin' Delicious
Summer Beer - Vegetarian Mamma
The Best Gluten Free Cake - gfJules
Insane Cupcake Recipes - Our Mini Family
Gluten Free Coconut Cream Pie Cupcakes - Good Morning Cali
Mexican Dinner Rolls - Green Healthy Cooking
Must Try Summer Cocktails and Mocktails - A Joyfully Mad Kitchen
Gluten Free Cookie Cake - A Mind "Full" Mom
Strawberry Lychee Panna Cotta - Brunch-n-Bites
Cucumber Moscow Mule - The Culinary Compass
Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes with Mocha Frosting - Only Taste Matters
Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes - Veggie Balance
Virgin Watermelon Margarita - Coffee With Us 3
Elderflower Mojito - Home & Plate
Summertime Lemon Cupcakes - For the Love of Food
Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake Stacks - Simply Healthy Family
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake - Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
Watermelon Mint Gin Fizz - Frugal Foodie Mama
Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake - Raia's Recipes
Tequila Sunrise Cocktail - All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
Grilled Spicy Pineapple Margarita - Lapetitchef
Gluten Free Fresh Apple Cake - My Gluten-free Kitchen
This post contains affiliate links. Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com