These Easy No-Bake Butterfinger Bites are sure to stand out on your holiday menu. This homemade truffle recipe combines crushed Butterfinger candy bars, cream cheese, and chocolate cookies into one crispety, crunchety, peanut-buttery treat. This bite-sized dessert is simply bursting with flavor. Get more cookie ball recipes here.
Oh, boy! I have a treat for you with these butterfinger bites. They are the bees knees. It's sort of like a cake ball, but like 1000 times more amazing if that's possible. So the butterfinger bites have the cake like consistency, but we used chocolate Oreos instead of cake. It's already sounding pretty wow, right? Then we throw some cream cheese and pieces of butterfinger into the mix. Then, we add a nice chocolate shell
Here's my favorite part and I think you might like it too. Place your balls in the fridge so when you bite into them the chocolate shell is crunchy. When I say that's my favorite part that means it's pretty stinkin' awesome because I'm picking that over something that's peanut butter.
Here's something I've noticed with my candy melts lately that I'm not exactly digging. Do you see how the chocolate shell almost looks separated? That's highly annoying to me. I think that I'm buying old batches or something. I tried to read up on it and haven't found an answer that I'm satisfied with. If you have this issue too, know that it happens.
How to make Butterfinger Bites
Crush the Oreo cookies. You can do this with a food processor or by sticking the cookies in a storage bag and hitting the cookies with a rolling pin.
I prefer the food processor since the filling tends to squish out and stick to the storage bag using the other method.
Make theButterfinger Bites. First we need our binding agent which is cream cheese. If you're using a food processor, add the cream cheese in and pulse until a ball forms.
If you're using a storage bag, add the crumbs to a bowl. Add the cream cheese to the crumbs and beat using a hand mixer until a ball forms.
Add in the butterfinger bites and stir to combine with a spatula.
Roll them into balls and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
TIP: If they cookie balls are too sticky and soft, place the scooped cookie balls on the parchment lined baking sheet and place in the fridge for 15 to 20 minutes to firm up slightly.
TIP: You can also crush up a Butterfinger candy bar to use if you can't find Butterfinger Baking Bits.
How to store Butterfinger Bites
Because of the cream cheese, it's best to store these homemade butterfinger bites in the refrigerator. Place them in an airtight container or storage bag and place in the fridge up to 1 month.
Can you freeze Butterfinger Bites
Yes! You can freeze these cookie balls two different ways.
To freeze after dipped in chocolate, place in an freezer-safe airtight container or freezer bag and place in the freezer for up to 3 months. The chocolate may crack when thawing.
Thaw the chocolate dipped Butterfinger bites in the fridge overnight.
To freeze the cookie balls before dipping in chocolate, place the rolled cookie balls on a parchment lined baking sheet and in the freezer until frozen solid. Place the frozen cookie balls in a freezer bag or freezer-safe airtight container for up to 3 months.
Thaw the cookie balls that haven't been coated in chocolate on in the fridge overnight on parchment lined baking sheet with plastic wrap covering the balls.
Where can I find Butterfinger Baking Bits?
I found mine at Walmart but I think they may have been discontinued. That's OKAY! Buying a Butterfinger candy bar and cut it up with a knife. That will work perfectly.
What can I use as a substitute for Chocolate Candy Melts?
I know I had a problem with my candy melts being too thick and then separating once I dipped the Butterfinger Bites in them.
More Butterfinger Desserts
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Trifles
- BUTTERFINGER®Ice Cream Pie
- Butterfinger Brownies
- Peanut Butter Popcorn Balls
- Butterfinger Dessert Lasagna
- 24 Oreos
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 ½ tablespoons butterfinger baking bits
- 1 ¾ cups chocolate candy melts
- 2 tablespoons butterfinger baking bits for garnish
- In a food processor, add in the Oreos and pulse until the cookies are a crumb.
- Once you have a fine crumb, add in the cream cheese. Pulse until a ball forms.
- Add in the butterfinger baking bits and pulse about 5 times to get the bits mixed in. You can also use a spatula and press in if you don't want your bits cut up at all. There will still be chunks when you pulse it together.
- Scoop the cookie mixture out using a small cookie scoop. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- In a double boiler, add the chocolate candy melts. Stir occasionally until the candy melts are smooth and shiny. If you don't have a double boiler, add a heat-proof glass bowl on top of a saucepan with about an inch of water in it. Place over medium/low heat and let the water simmer underneath. Make sure the water isn't touching the bowl.
- Dip the bites in the candy melts using a fork. Place back onto the parchment paper to dry. I use a skewer to push the balls off the fork.
- Sprinkle some of the baking bits on top of the candy melts before they dry. It won't take long for the shell to dry!
- Repeat with all the butterfinger bites. Store in the fridge!