Cannoli Pie is a no-bake dessert pie that is going to give you all your favorite flavors from a classic cannoli. This easy homemade cannoli pie recipe is loaded with a creamy texture, sweet chocolate chips, and of course a graham cracker crust.
This cannoli cream pie makes a delicious dessert for any and all occasions! Whether you want an easy potluck dessert, birthday party pie, or an easy weeknight dessert to serve up.
What is a Cannoli Pie
This Cannoli pie is an easy no-bake creamy velvety pie. You can use a homemade or store-bought graham cracker crust and fill it with a ricotta and mascarpone base filling. Don't forget to add the mini chocolate chips for the perfect amount of sweetness in every bite.
How to make Cannoli Pie
Start by working on your graham cracker crust. Add the graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar to a bowl and stir until combined and the crumbs are coated with butter. Press the mixture into the pie plate, and set it aside. You want to ensure it is pressed firm, so it doesn't fall apart when you try to scoop it out.
Now you are going to work on the filling. Your ricotta cheese needs to be strained overnight to remove any liquid. Use a fine-mesh strainer so only the liquid drains out.
You will then grab a bowl and begin stirring together the ricotta, mascarpone, and vanilla extract. Stir in the cinnamon and powdered sugar. Lastly, whip up the heavy whipped cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the bowl of ricotta and mascarpone.
Spread the filling into the crust with an offset spatula and top the pie with chocolate chips, and then cover and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours to set up.
How to store Cannoli Pie
Cannoli pie needs to be stored in the refrigerator. Make sure it is in a proper container that is airtight or if you plan on keeping it in the pie plate, wrap it well in plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
Place it in the fridge and it will keep for 3-4 days. As it goes with any dessert, you'll find it is best when served fresh.
You can also buy pie containers that seal tight. This will help the pie from soaking up other flavors in the fridge. I highly recommend storing pies in them to prevent them from getting smashed.
Can you freeze Cannoli Pie
Due to the dairy used in the cannoli pie, you will find it can freeze but once thawed it will offer a different flavor, and potentially the texture will be off. Personally, I don't recommend freezing your leftover pie.
Can I use a different brand of mascarpone?
Belgioioso has a much firmer/thicker consistency than other brands that I've tried. You can try a different brand but your cannoli filling may turn out softer or even slightly runny.
For example, I've tried Vermont Creamery mascarpone cheese and the cannoli filling was so runny that it just poured out of my cannoli shells.
Cannoli Filling Add-ins:
- finely chopped pistachios (about ½ cup)
- orange zest (½ to 1 teaspoon)
- chopped cannoli shells, for topping
- maraschino cherries, drained and dried off
Check Out More Easy Cannoli Style Recipes
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs about 10 graham crackers
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter melted
- In a bowl, add in the graham crackers, sugar, and butter. Stir until the butter has coated all of the graham cracker crumbs.
- Pour the crust into a 9-inch pie plate. Firmly press the crumbs up the sides and into the bottom of the pie plate.
- Place in the freezer or fridge to set up while preparing the filling.
- Make sure your ricotta is completely drained. Do this by placing it in a fine-mesh strainer that's sitting on top of a bowl to catch the water. Cover with a piece of plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add in the ricotta, mascarpone, and vanilla extract. Mix with a spatula until combined.
- Sift in the cinnamon and powdered sugar. Stir until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, add in the heavy whipping cream. Beat with a hand mixer on medium until stiff peaks form.
- Add the whipped cream into the bowl with the ricotta and mascarpone. Using the hand mixer, beat until everything is just combined.
- Scoop the filling into the chilled crust and spread out with an offset spatula.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 to 2 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips on top.
- Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours to allow the pie to set up. Letting it sit overnight in the fridge is even better.
- Cut and serve.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)