These Pretzel Hugs are the perfect last-minute sweet and salty treat for Christmas! They only require 3 simple ingredients and 10 minutes of your time. The kids and adults both enjoy snacking on these pretzel M&M hugs!
How to make Christmas Pretzel Hugs
This recipe for pretzels hugs and M&M's literally takes minutes. The longest part is unwrapping all of the hugs and laying the pretzels in neat little lines on the baking sheet.
- Place the mini pretzel twists on a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Add the unwrapped Hugs to the center of each pretzel.
- Place in an oven that's preheated to 200 degrees F and bake for 4 to 5 minutes until the Hugs are softened.
- Pop M&M candies in the center of the Hug candy.
- Let cool completely.
It couldn't be anymore easier and if you're crazy for sweet and salty treats, you'll be addicted to these.
How to store Pretzel Hugs
Once the pretzel hugs are cooled completely and the chocolate Hug has firmed back up, place them in an airtight container and store at room temperature. They will last at room temperature for about 5 to 7 days.
You can make the Pretzel hugs ahead of time and store them in an airtight container in the fridge up to 2 weeks in advance.
How can I harden the chocolate Hugs faster?
You can place these treats in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes for a quick set up.
Where can I find square pretzels?
The square pretzels are called Snap pretzels and most grocery stores carry them. I've been able to find them at Walmart and several other local grocery stores.
Where can I find round pretzels?
These are a little trickier to find than the square pretzels. I have only seen the round pretzels at Christmas time and at Aldi.
Can I use Hershey Kisses?
Of course! Feel free to use any kind of Hershey Kisses. I have some sugar cookie kisses that I'm going to try. I bet they'll be amazing!
Pretzel Hugs for other Holidays
- For Halloween, replace the Hug with a Kiss and place a candy corn or an orange M&M on top.
- For Valentine's Day, use the red, pink, and white M&M's with the hugs. The Peppermint hugs would work great as well.
- For St. Patrick's Day, use the mint truffle Kisses with a green M&M on top.
- For Easter, use the pastel Easter M&M's.
- 54 Mini Pretzels
- 54 Hugs unwrapped
- 54 M&M candies
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the pretzels in a single layer on the parchment paper.
- Place the Hugs in the center of the pretzels.
- Place in the oven for about 4 to 5 minutes until the Hugs are soft and slightly melted.
- Remove from the oven and immediately place the M&M candies in the center of each hug and gently push.
- Let cool completely before trying to remove from the pan.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.