This strawberry tiramisu is packed full of bright flavors including strawberries, orange juice, and some tasty limoncello. It's the perfect summer dessert that can be made and served up pretty quickly! Plus, there is a touch of booze to lighten the mood!
I've been on a strawberry kick as of lately. It all started with these strawberry lemon sugar cookie cups. Okay, it maybe have been before that, but I can't remember. You should really take a peek at those cookie cups though. They're phenomenal.
So I had strawberries left over that just needed used up. I jumped on the opportunity to use them with some of my lady fingers. Yeah, I have lady fingers stock piled in my kitchen. You just never know.
It took me ages to find some place near me that actually sold lady fingers. I went to all of the grocery stores and found nothing. I went to TJ Maxx and their shelves are loaded with them. Who would have thought?
Instead of soaking the lady fingers in the coffee and liqueur like I did in my easy tiramisu, I opted for orange juice and limoncello. I don't think coffee and strawberries would pair all that well anyway. What do you think? I bet one of you have tried it, haven't you?
I used the crunchy lady fingers, but they become really soft and spongy from the orange juice. That's a good thing! No one wants a hard cookie in their tiramisu! No one.
One last thing before I get to this recipe. A tip just for you. If you want to get less of a messy slice and have a little extra time before you tear into this dessert, put it in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Either way, I know that you'll make it work. It's all in how it tastes anyway!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz. mascarpone cheese
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 T. limoncello
- 2 ½ cups strawberries , sliced
- 24 crunchy lady fingers
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the heavy cream. Beat on medium until soft peaks form.
- Add in the powdered sugar and mascarpone cheese. Beat on medium until stiff.
- Stir in the zest of the lemon. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish, add in the orange juice and limoncello.
- Add the lady fingers into the orange juice. I did four at a time and let them sit for 10 seconds.
- Flip the lady fingers and let sit for another 10 seconds.
- Place the lady fingers in either a 9x9 pan or a 7x11 pan. I went with 9x9.
- Once the lady fingers cover the bottom of the pan, add on half of the mascarpone cheese. Spread the mascarpone/whipped cream out evenly.
- Add half of the strawberries to the top of the mascarpone cheese. It will work better if you lay them flat and in a neat layer rather than just piled on.
- Repeat dipping the lady fingers and adding them on top of the strawberries.
- Add the mascarpone cheese/whipped cream layer and spread it out evenly.
- Add the strawberries on top. You can make a little design with the strawberries or just lay them on top.
- Store in the fridge.
Other Strawberry Creations: