Cookies and Cream! One of my faves, so I threw it in these cookies & cream rice crispy treats!
What I like most about these crispies? Definitely how tender they are. I added extra marshmallow and didn’t pack the rice crispy treats down super hard. They were perfect! The bonus was the delicious bits of generic oreo’s in these. The off brand cookies tasted just as good as any other cookie and we were budgeting that week. We all know how those weeks go, right?
I’ve never a cereal eating kind of girl, but you stick that cereal into some kind of bar, and I’m all game. Other than rice crispy treats, I really enjoy those milk n’ cereal bars that you can buy at the store. Delish! I wonder if I could make my own. I’ll have to give that some thought and work out something. Maybe look for those in the future!
I almost forgot to mention that I used double stuffed cookies. The more cream, the better in my book. It really helps with the whole cookies and “cream” part of the rice crispy treats. I also added a cute little drizzle of white chocolate to the top, but that was more for the looks than anything else.
Cookies & Cream Rice Crispy Treats
- 10 oz. bag marshmallows (about 5 cups)
- 6 T. salted butter
- 10 double stuffed chocolate cookies , crushed
- 4 cups rice crispies
- 1/4 cup white chocolate candy melts
- In a large saucepan, add in the marshmallows and butter. Over medium heat, stir the marshmallow mixture until it's completely melted and there are no lumps.
- Add in the crushed cookies and rice crispies. Stir until everything is evenly covered with the marshmallow mixture.
- Pour the rice crispy treats into an 11x7 pan. I sprayed nonstick cooking spray in my pan, but I don't think it's necessary.
- Placing a piece of wax paper or parchment paper over top of the mixture, press the rice crispy treats into the pan. Don't press real hard, if you want a tender rice crispy treat. If you want a firmer rice crispy treat, press with all you've got!
- Let cool and cut into squares.
- Microwave the white chocolate melting wafers in the microwave for 30 second intervals until completely melted. Using a spoon, flick the white chocolate across the cut squares of rice crispy treats. Let cool, and serve!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up to get my FREE Baking Substitutions Sheet! Join the 5000 others who are receiving our dessert newsletters and baking challenges.