These Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars have a generous layer of graham cracker crust and vanilla cheesecake with a delicious buttery pecan pie topping! The gooey, sugary goodness of the pecan pie topping will sink into the cheesecake leaving a beautiful crunchy pecan topping. If you love cheesecake and pecan pie, you have to try these bars!
If you love pecans as much as I do, you should chocolate out my chocolate pecan pie or the pecan pie monkey bread I have! Monkey Bread stuffed with a gooey pecan pie filling is the perfect treat for the holidays!
If you're looking for an individual dessert to serve up, I have some pretty amazing pecan and brie hand pies that you should give a try.
Experience the perfect bite, with the crunchy, chewy goodness of pecan pie and the sweet and savory perfection that is cheesecake all in one mouthful. Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars are the perfect new twist on an old favorite.
You and your guests are going to love this delicious blend of two amazing traditional holiday desserts. A graham cracker crust is layered with cheesecake and topped with pecan pie. Baked in a rectangular pan for serving a crowd, this one will become your new holiday favorite.
Ingredients for Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars
Graham Cracker Crust Ingredients
Graham cracker crumbs - If you already have graham crackers you can make your own crumbs by pulsing the crackers in a food processor.
Cream Cheese - Brand name cream cheese brought to room temperature.
Full-Fat Sour Cream - Reduced fat will not work. Use a brand-name sour cream since generic sour creams often contain fillers.
Eggs - Large.
Pecan Pie Filling
Butter - Melted
Light Corn Syrup - This is the clear corn syrup found in the baking aisle at your supermarket.
Eggs - Large. Lightly Beaten.
How to Make Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars
It's easy to make our pecan pie cheesecake bar recipe with just three simple steps. First, make the crust. Second, make the cheesecake. Third, add the pecan pie. That's the basic progression. Now let's look at that in a little more detail.
To make the crust, you want to melt the butter and then combine the ingredients. This mixture is pressed into a 9 x 13 pan and baked. Let it cool a bit while you mix up the cheesecake batter.
To make the cheesecake, you will beat the cream cheese until it smooths out and then add the remaining ingredients a few at a time beginning with the sugar and flour. Follow the order on the recipe card. Once mixed, you spread this over the graham cracker crust and bake it for 20-25 minutes. It will not be completely set, because it will finish baking after you add the pecan pie filling.
Make the pecan pie filling while the cheesecake is in the oven. Mix the melted butter, sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, and salt. Add the beaten eggs. Fold in the pecans. Pour this mixture over the hot cheesecake and bake it for another 45 minutes or so. Let it cool completely and then refrigerate it for at least four hours before serving.
Tips for Making the Best Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars
Make sure you set your cream cheese out one or two hours before you need it, so that it comes up to room temperature. The first step in making the cheesecake layer is to whip that cream cheese until it is smooth. You will not be able to get this effect without room temperature cream cheese. It will then result in a cheesecake filling that is not properly mixed.
This dessert should be chilled before it is served. This gives the layers and flavors time to meld properly. You will appreciate the texture of a fully chilled treat so much more than warm cheesecake bars. Allow at least four hours for this step.
Line your pan. Nothing is more frustrating than a delicious tray of pecan pie cheesecake bars that won't come out of the pan. I lined my pan with foil, then parchment paper, and used the non-stick spray.
Add the pecan pie layer while the cheesecake is still hot and pour it slowly to prevent a disturbance between the two layers. The cheesecake should be jiggly in the middle like jello when you pull it from the oven the first time to add the pecan pie.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can keep these bars in your refrigerator for up to four or five days if kept in an airtight container.
Yes. You can freeze the leftovers for up to three months in airtight containers. For best results, freeze individual servings and let each one thaw at least slightly before serving.
No, you do not. That's one of the blessings of this particular recipe.
More Cheesecake Desserts
Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars
- 2 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter melted (1 stick)
Pecan Pie Filling
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13 baking pan with foil. Grease with nonstick baking spray. I added parchment paper between the foil and baking spray and sprayed with sides where the tin foil were exposed with nonstick baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, add in the graham cracker crumbs and granulated sugar. Stir until combined.
- Pour the melted butter into the bowl with the graham cracker crumbs and stir until well distributed.
- Pour the crust mixture into the bottom of the prepared 9x13 pan and evenly press the crumbs down.
- Place the crust into the preheated oven to bake for 10 minutes. The edges will be a golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to make the cheesecake filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cream cheese. Beat with a hand mixer on medium until smooth.
- Add in the granulated sugar and flour. Continue to mix on medium until incorporated. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add in the sour cream and vanilla extract. Mix until the sour cream is blended.
- Add the eggs in one at a time and beat in each egg before adding the next. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl between each addition.
- Pour the cheesecake batter on top of the crust. Spread out evenly.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the edges of the cheesecake are set and the center moves like jell-o.
- While the cheesecake is baking, work on the pecan pie filling.
Pecan Pie Filling
- In a medium bowl, add the melted butter, sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, and salt. Stir until incorporated.
- Add in the beaten eggs and stir to combine. Don’t over mix.
- Fold in the pecans.
- Pour the pecan pie filling on top of the cheesecake layer while it’s hot.
- Place the cheesecake bars back into the preheated oven and bake until the pecan pie filling is set, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator to set up, preferable overnight but at least 4 hours.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)
This pecan pie cheesecake bar recipe was originally posted December 22, 2017, but has been revamped in November 2021 with new photos and major recipe changes.