If you're looking for a crazy delicious sweet salad, this Snickers Salad is for you! It's packed with fresh apples, cream cheese, pudding, and SNICKERS! Drizzle a little caramel on top for the perfect garnish. This is the perfect dessert salad for any holiday dinner.
What is Snickers Salad
So, until this summer I had never heard of Snickers Salad. I was scrolling my facebook to find my cousin's wife talking about it and it immediately piqued my interest. My child is an apple fanatic so I was all in on making a dessert salad.
Snickers Apple Salad is a fruit salad with a creamy mixture of instant pudding and whipped topping that coats the apples with slices of Snickers candy bars mixed in for a delicious, chewy caramel chocolate bite.
So I did put a spin on it because that's who I am. I added cream cheese and a little powdered sugar to my recipe as well as used Honeycrisp apples instead of Granny Smith. I absolutely love the tweaks and know you will too!
How to make Apple Salad with Snickers
This snickers salad recipe only requires 8 ingredients and 15 minutes tops to throw together. If you're making this for a Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner, give it at least an hour to chill before dinner though.
- Core and chop the apples. I like to use about 6 cups of chopped apples for this recipe.
- Slice or chop up Snickers candy bars.
- Beat together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add in the instant pudding mix and half of the milk. Mix until incorporated.
- Beat in the remaining milk.
- Beat in the whipped topping or homemade whipped cream.
- Add the cream cheese pudding mixture and candy bars to the apples and stir until combined.
- Drizzle with caramel.
TIP: Sprinkle the apples with lemon juice or Fruit Fresh to keep them from turning brown.
How long do you chill Snickers Salad
I would recommend chilling this salad for at least 1 hour before serving.
How to store Snickers Apple Salad
This salad can be covered with plastic wrap or placed in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
The juices from the apples are make the cream cheese pudding mixture thinner as the days go on.
- Use butterscotch instant pudding rather than vanilla
- Add in sliced grapes
- Sprinkle in mini chocolate chips
- Add in chopped peanuts
- Add caramel sauce to the creamy filling
Can I leave out the cream cheese?
Yes! You can skip the cream cheese and powdered sugar if you would like.
Get more caramel apple recipes:
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 3.4 ounce box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 8 ounces cool whip thawed
- 4 to 6 apples cored and chopped
- 6 full-size Snickers bars sliced
- ½ cup caramel sauce for garnish
- Add the cream cheese and powdered sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat with a hand mixer on medium until smooth and combined.
- Add in the vanilla pudding mix and half of the milk. Beat until combined.
- Add in the remaining milk and mix in with the hand mixer until creamy.
- Add in the cool whip and beat until incorporated. The filling will become light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, add in the chopped apples.
- Add in the cream cheese mixture and sliced Snickers. Stir to combine.
- Serve up the Snickers Salad and drizzle with caramel sauce.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)