Instant Pot Apples are a fantastic way to use up any extra apples you have on hand. One of my favorite recipes is this Instant Pot Cinnamon Apples! You get those tender apples that have a nice cinnamon-spiced flavor. They scream fall and are absolutely delicious.
Instant Pot Apples
Apple orchard season is right around the corner, and if you plan to go, make sure to pick up some extra apples. This is a kid-friendly snack or midnight treat for yourself!
Check out these other apple recipes
- Red Hot Crockpot Apple Crisp | Tender apples, cinnamon candy flavor, with an oatmeal topping that is baked to perfection in the crockpot.
- Apple Pie Peanut Butter Cookie Cups | A cookie cup with a spiced apple pie filling that throws these cups over on the top. Such an easy and delicious dessert.
- Apple Butter Cheesecake Blondies | Love a blondie? Here is a totally fun twist that will win you over. Apple butter, cheesecake, and a blondie collide for one insanely scrumptious dessert.
- Apple Crisp Cake | Spice cake with homemade apple pie filling and an apple crisp crumble.
How to Make Instant Pot Cinnamon Apples
You first want to start by peeling, coring and slicing up your apples. Coat them in lemon juice to help prevent them from browning.
Then in a small bowl, you will add you spices and syrup and pour over the apples.
Now mix your cornstarch slurry and pour over your apple mixture. Then close the lid and cook as directed below. Once done, quick release and serve warm.
What to Serve with Instant Pot Cinnamon Apples
Cinnamon apples are a quick and easy snack or dessert you can serve up in a hurry. You can have homemade cinnamon apples in under 20 minutes.
- A scoop of Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream
- Top with Granola
- Plain or Vanilla Yogurt
- Top with Almonds or Pecans
What Apples Are Best For Cooking In The Instant Pot
There are many varieties of apples you can use for use in the Instant Pot. Jonagold, Honey Crisps, Granny Smiths or even McIntosh are all great firm apples that hold up well. a firmer apple is best. If you get a softer apple you will find it will break down a lot faster and become mushier in texture.
How Long Will Instant Pot Apples Last In The Fridge
You can store your apples in an airtight container in the fridge for around 2-3 days. They will become a bit more tender with each day.
Best Way To Reheat Cinnamon Apples
You can eat leftovers cold or you can warm them up in the microwave. But, you can also reach for a stovetop and pan to reheat them that way. If you do warm them up on the stove make sure to heat slowly so that you don't burn the apples. Cook on a low heat and stir often.
Instant Pot Apples
- Add the apple slices and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Stir to coat the apples in the lemon juice.
- Pour ⅓ cup of water in the inner pot of Instant Pot.
- Add the apples to the water.
- In a small bowl, add maple syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Pour the maple syrup mixture evenly over apples.
- In a small bowl, add the cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of water. Mix together until the cornstarch is completely worked into the water. Pour over the apples.
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot and set on manual high pressure for 3 minutes. Allow for a quick pressure release.
- Gently mix and serve in individual bowls. Enjoy!
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!