It's that time of the year when everyone is looking for a simple dessert to serve. I had to put together these simple and easy mint chocolate cookie trifles. Delicious, refreshing, and so darned pretty. These are the perfect little summer dessert.
Friday (June 26th) was National Chocolate Pudding Day. Of course, I'm just a hair late, but I'm going to celebrate it with these trifles anyway. Kozy Shack has some fantastic pudding, especially the chocolate! I've done a post before my favorite pudding snacks, because I just can't get enough of it.
Can we admire the mint leaves on top of our trifles? I picked them from my flower pot outside. I have some mint and lavender growing in it. I'm sort of surprised it's grown as much as it has with all the rain and lack of sun that's been happening lately.
Easy Mint Chocolate Cookie Trifles
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 T . powdered sugar
- ½ tsp . peppermint extract
- small drop of leaf green gel paste color optional
- 1 cup Kozy Shack chocolate pudding
- 7 mint chocolate cookies coarsely chopped
- 1 mint chocolate cookie quartered for garnish
- Mint leaves for garnish
- In a medium mixing bowl, add in the heavy cream. Mix on medium until the heavy cream thickens up and reaches soft peaks.
- Add in the powdered sugar, peppermint extract and leaf green gel paste color. The food color is completely optional, but adds to the look. Mix on high until stiff peaks form.
- Add the 1M tip in a piping bag. Fill the bag with the colored whipped cream.
- Place the pudding into a sandwich bag. Press out the air and seal the bag.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of the coarsely chopped cookies in the bottom of a 3.5 inch glass. It can be a size of your choice, but this is what I used.
- Cup a small hole in the tip of the sandwich bag with the pudding in it. Pipe a nice layer on top of the cookies.
- Layer the pudding with a layer of whipped cream. Repeat layers.
- Top with a piece of cookie and mint leaves.
- Refrigerate until you're ready to serve!
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)