So, I made a tropical fruit smoothie. I found a couple papayas at the grocery store a little bit ago and had to have them without knowing what in the heck I was going to make. When in doubt and not buying enough to make a dessert, you should throw it in a smoothie. I bought two but they were tiny. I didn't exactly have enough to make a full on dessert, but a smoothie did the trick. It was gorgeous to look at and reminded me of summer.
I adore a thick and extremely smooth smoothie. I try to make it almost the same consistency as a milkshake, but without the intense tongue coating dairy part. That definitely sounded like I have something against milkshakes, but trust me when I say I do not. They are incredibly tasty. Sometimes, I just want a bright fruity flavor to slurp down, especially since spring is finally closing in on us.
Yay for warm weather and pretty flowers! Lucian, my four-year-old, come running into the house today telling me about those early bloomer flowers that have bloomed in the flower bed out front. He was so pumped about it. I was excited for him to be so excited about seeing the first flowers of the season. It was cute, but I think everything he does is pretty cute.
Tropical Fruit Smoothie
- ½ cup papaya pitted and chopped
- ¾ cup frozen pineapple
- ¼ cup peach yogurt
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- ½ teaspoon . zero calorie sweetener
- Using a blender or magic bullet (my choice) add in all five ingredients.
- Blend for 1 to 2 minutes until smooth. Stop it once or twice and give it a stir with a spoon to help keep things moving.
- If it still has some lumps, let it go a little while longer. Be sure to get in there and stir it if it looks like it's not moving.
- Pour into a glass, add a straw and slurp up!
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)
This smoothie was inspired by my hubby who loves everything tropical. Music, décor, fruit, everything except coconut that is. He's a pretty awesome guy.
Get Dessert Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox
AND A BONUS FREE Baking Substitutions too!
Leave a Reply