Do we have any fans of The Walking Dead in the house? Tonight is the season 6 premiere and we're prepared with this peanut butter and jelly pull apart brain bread. Daryl shot this sucker though. That's right, I shoved a crossbow arrow into my food. I'm pretty amazed at how much this looks like a brain. It makes me a happy lady.
This pull apart bread tastes amazing. It's similar to my monkey bread recipe, but this one is stuffed with peanut butter and jelly and isn't rolled in a cinnamon and sugar. Yeah, so I guess it's nothing like my monkey bread now I think about it. The biscuits probably won't seal completely and some of the jelly will run out. The jelly will brown and leave a dark circle around the edges of the biscuits. It helps accentuate all the wrinkles in the brain.
Now that I'm looking at the brain bread, it could also become a turtle shell.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Pull Apart Brain Bread
- 4 pack tube biscuits
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¾ cup strawberry jam divided
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp . hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 inch round pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Press out each biscuit with your fingers . Smear on about 1 teaspoon of peanut butter. I just eyeballed it, but you can add more or less.
- Add about 1 - 2 teaspoons of strawberry jam inside the biscuit. Press the edges together and to help seal in the peanut butter and jam.
- Place in the round pan. Repeat with all of the rest of the biscuits.
- Place in the oven and let bake for about an hour. I let it bake longer than my monkey bread because it is a ball of dough and isn't separated in the center like it is in a bundt pan.
- Turn out onto a cake plate.
- Stir ¼ cup of the remaining strawberry jam in with the powdered sugar and hot water. Whisk until combined.
- Pour over the hot bread.
Two of my blogger friends also put together a The Walking Dead themed post that I knew you would love. Blood & Guts drink? DIY Daryl loving shirts.. YES PLEASE! Here they are!