Dark chocolate no bake cookies taste like chocolate peanut butter fudge packed into a homemade oatmeal cookie. This no bake cookies recipe is so addictive, you can’t eat just one!
Dark Cocoa Cookies
This month the chocolate party’s theme was you family’s favorite chocolate dessert. I know I’ve made this recipe before, but it’s so great why not do it twice. I picked this recipe for dark chocolate no bake cookies because it was my family’s favorite chocolate dessert while I was growing up. Now that I have my own family, it’s still everyone’s favorite. This easy no bake cookie recipe just can’t be passed up by anyone. Since I love all my chocolate desserts to have a deep rich chocolate color, I love using Hershey’s special dark cocoa powder. It just appeals to me. You can easily just use regular cocoa powder and it will be just as great.
I’m so thankful that my mom and grandmother introduced me to cooking and especially baking. I remember as a young teenager making this recipe. It’s all in timing that two minutes perfectly. I was not aware of that at the time, but learned it after the first batch of cookies were done. My family is definitely a family of cooks. I only wish that my grandmother wrote down her recipes, because now all the great foods that I relate to her are gone too. For me, food and memories go hand in hand. This recipe was not a recipe from my gram, but from my mom.
She’s long since left the baking up to me. It’s really fine with me. I love baking and sometimes find that I’ve made too much for my poor husband to handle. On the weekends we go to my parents, I take them treats and they curse me. My father is an avid dieter and can’t resist my sweets. He always forgives me when I leave, but surely cracks down on eating for the next two weeks I’m gone. Sorry dad! 😀
These are like chocolate peanut butter fudge with some oatmeal thrown into the mix to make it healthy. Forget the 2 cups of sugar in these cookies, it has healthy rolled oats. I’m digging it.
How to Make Chocolate No-Bake Cookies:
Dark Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 T. Hershey's Special Dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 3/4 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Measure out the quick cooking oats and peanut butter
- Lay down wax paper on the counter
- In a large saucepan, add granulated sugar, butter, milk, and cocoa powder.
- Turn on medium to high heat and let the butter melt. Stir often.
- Stir the ingredients until it comes to a boil. When it comes to a boil, time it for two minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in the vanilla, peanut butter, and quick cooking oats. Stir until everything is incorporated
- Spoon the mixture onto the wax paper with two spoons and let cool completely.