You should be proud of me. I actually am posting this roasted mixed berry topped tapioca pudding one whole day before National Tapioca Pudding Day. I am almost never ahead of schedule and I feel accomplished. Go me! If you've never had tapioca pudding, it's a delicious thick and sticky pudding. This Kozy Shack tapioca pudding is even made with real tapioca pearls. They are large and add an amazing texture to the pudding itself.
I've been playing with roasting fruit lately. It's a pretty simple process and amps up the flavor. The juices from the fruit become a thick syrup after being roasted which I could slurp up by itself. The best part of the whole roasting process is that some of the fruit will maintain it's shape and others will break down and it always comes out looking like the perfect compote.
My son and I love tapioca pudding. He's ate it since he was just a baby. This cup of pudding left both Lucian and myself wanting more. The roasted fruit brightens the flavor and really screams summer. I wanted to add a sprinkle of cinnamon to the tops of both of the pudding cups, but decided that would give it too much of a fall feel. By all means, add a dash of cinnamon to yours! It will definitely scream fall, but be oh-so worth it.
Roasted Mixed Berry Topped Tapioca Pudding
- 6 oz . fresh blackberries
- 3-4 oz . fresh raspberries
- 2 T . granulated sugar
- 2 cups Kozy Shack tapioca pudding
- 4 mint leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, add in the fresh blackberries and raspberries.
- Add in the granulated sugar and stir until the berries are coated in the sugar. Let sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Line an 8x8 inch with tin foil. Pour the berries and the juices into the prepared pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Pour the berries and juice into a heat proof bowl and let cool. Place in the fridge to chill.
- Scoop out 2 cups of pudding and divide it into two bowls. Divide the berries in half and add half to each bowl of pudding.
- Add two mint leaves to each pudding and serve.