Easy Sticky Buns are one of my favorite ways to whip up breakfast or a mid-day snack. You use canned biscuits that you dress up and transform into sticky buns in under 20 minutes. Find more breakfast recipes to make.
Easy Sticky Buns
I love sticky buns but they can be a ton of work. With this sticky buns recipe, you will find it is so easy and loaded with flavor.
How To Make Easy Sticky Buns
I share the full instructions below in the printable card. But here’s a super quick version.
- Remove the biscuits from the can.
- Dip in butter.
- Roll the biscuit in the cinnamon and sugar.
- Place in the pan.
- Pour the brown sugar pecan sauce on top.
I told you this sticky bun recipe was easy!
How To Store Sticky Buns
You will want to allow your sticky buns to cool down and then you can store in an airtight container.
You can store them on the counter or in the fridge, whichever you prefer. These sticky buns are best when eaten warm fresh from the oven.
They will begin to dry out and love that soft texture like when you first pulled them out of the oven.
Can I Add Fruit To My Sticky Buns
Sure if you want to add in some fresh blueberries, peaches or other fruit that will be a nice layer of flavor. I have sprinkled fresh blueberries throughout in the past as well as a little cherry pie filling and both worked pretty well.
You just don’t want to do too much as it can affect the texture, especially the pie filling.
Looking for More Easy Breakfast Recipes
- Red Velvet Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls | You can use a cake mix to transform it into red velvet cinnamon rolls. The ultimate way to kickstart the day.
- Chocolate Cake Mix Waffles | Waffles are one thing I love, and this recipe is insanely good and so easy to prepare.
- Banana Foster Cinnamon Rolls | Talk about one recipe you will have to try to understand the amazing flavors that come together. Bananas in cinnamon rolls will knock your socks off.
- Baked French Toast Casserole | This is an easy french toast recipe that will feed a crowd.
Can I Use Cinnamon Rolls Instead?
You bet! If you have the canned cinnamon rolls on hand, go ahead and use them to replace the biscuits. Just place the icing to the side and feel free to leave it off or add it on as a drizzle on top of the topping you make.
This recipe is so versatile, you can pick and choose how you make these easy sticky rolls and still end up with an amazing breakfast or dessert.
Easy Sticky Buns
- 1 (16.3 ounce) can Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layer Original Biscuits
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 or 10-inch cake pan or pie plate with nonstick baking spray.
- Add 3 tablespoons of melted butter in a small shallow dish.
- In a separate shallow dish, add in the sugar and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Separate the biscuits. Coat the first 7 biscuits into the melted butter.
- Dip the coated biscuit in the cinnamon and sugar until covered.
- Place the biscuits in the prepared pan. Press the biscuits close together. It’s okay if they are squished.
- Cut the last biscuit into 8 equal pieces like you would with a pizza.
- Dip each piece in the butter and then coat with the cinnamon sugar.
- Tuck the pieces into the empty spaces between the biscuits.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, until done. Immediately after the buns are done baking, begin working on the topping.
- Add the brown sugar, maple syrup, butter, and pecans in a medium saucepan. Place over medium heat and let the butter melt while stirring.
- Once a sauce forms, remove from the heat and pour it all over the top of the hot biscuits. If the pecans are clumped up, spread them out with a knife or spatula.
- Best served the same day and warm.