I love holiday cookies! Any kind. My family loves cookies. It doesn’t matter if they’re holiday or not. So, you could probably say that we’re cookie people. If you’ve been around for a bit, you already know this though.
What I love most about these cookies is that they are so darn easy. They are delicious, cloud-like drop sugar cookies. Now, I love a heaping pile of frosting on my cookies, so they don’t need a ton of sugar in the actual cookie. That top cookie with the frosting, that was mine as soon as the camera was off. The husband doesn’t care for frosting on his. So, to make up for the lack of frosting, I bumped the sugar in these cookies. After all.. they are sugar cookies, right?
I’m also a sprinkle lover. What’s a cookie or cupcake without them? Bare! That’s what they are. Some people such as the husband prefers the naked ones. Even though I cringe at the thought of leaving it all plain Jane, I do so for the love of Wesley. Hey babe, you’re welcome!
Nah, just kidding. I don’t allow him to read my posts. I get all twitchy and paranoid. Ahhh, yes. Off subject again.
These cookies, they don’t need any frosting or sprinkles. They don’t need to be “holiday” cookies. It’s your choice. The cookie itself actually tastes like chewy, sugary, cookie perfection.
Sometimes, it’s just nice to be able to scoop the cookies out with a cookie scoop and throw them in the oven instead of dragging out all your cookie cutters and rolling pin. These would be a great last minute cookie to take to any holiday parties. The dough does require about 30 minutes of chilling, but that’s not too bad!
Get your cookie scoop out. The recipe is coming right up!
Holiday Drop Sugar Cookies
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the butter, shortening, and sugar. Mix until light and fluffy. It will take about 2 minutes.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and vanilla.
- Add in the cake flour and beat on low until most of the flour is combined. Turn mixer on medium high and beat for about 30 seconds.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop the cookies and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Adds sprinkles.
- Depending on the size of the cookies, they will take 10 - 14 minutes to bake. Small cookies will take about 10 minutes and large cookies will take close to 14. The edges will become golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes for moving. Place on a cooling rack.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up to get my FREE Baking Substitutions and Conversions sheets! Join the 5000 others who are receiving our dessert newsletters and baking challenges.