This post was sponsored by Nestle Toll House. All opinions are mine alone.
Who loves to eat cookie dough before it's baked? Uh, pretty much everyone, right? I know we're big fans. I would normally go for a truffle kind of cookie dough item, but this Christmas I wanted to get real festive with it. I found the perfect little silicone bundt pants to make these chocolate chip cookie dough wreaths possible.
One of my favorite things about the holidays is the time spent in the kitchen. I have so many great memories being in the kitchen with my mother especially around the holidays. The Christmas music playing in the background and the aromas of baked goods filling the house bring back the most cherished times.
I'm taking a different route this year. Instead of baking a delicious chocolate chip cookie, I made a chocolate chip cookie dough wreath. It's a new and fun twist on the old classics and you can incorporate vibrant Christmas colors throughout the wreath.
This cookie dough is a special. It has chocolate chips filled with caramel. These chips will amp up the cookie dough! They are pretty much my new favorite chocolate chips. To go with the caramel theme, I added a caramel drizzle in the bottoms of the wreaths. When the wreaths are cut, the caramel will come gushing out.
I'll be bringing these to the annual Christmas Eve party this year. As a tradition, every year we travel down to my parent's and meet up with my parents, my brother, and his children. We spend the night watching Christmas movies, having great conversations, and enjoying some of the best treats. These festive chocolate chip cookie dough wreaths will fit in to our party perfectly! Hopefully they don't think they're too pretty to eat!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Wreaths
- ½ cup salted butter room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup Nestle Toll House DelightFulls caramel filled chocolate chips
- ¼ cup red coating chocolates
- ¼ cup green coating chocolates
- ¼ cup white coating chocolates
- 1 ½ cups dark coating chocolates
- ¼ cup store-bought caramel sauce
- In a large bowl, add in the butter, brown sugar, vanilla, flour, and milk. Mix with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add in the chocolate chips and stir with a spatula.
- Place parchment paper under two 3 ½ inch - 4 inch silicone bundt pans.
- Place the 3 colored coating chocolates in separate bowls. Heat in the microwave for 30 second intervals and then stirring. Mine took five 30 second intervals.
- Using a spoon for each color, drizzle the colors in each bundt pan. Let dry for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat the dark chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval. Mine took four 30 second intervals.
- Make sure the colored chocolates are completely dry. Spoon the dark chocolate at the top of the bundt pan and work the chocolate down to the bottom of the pan. Once the chocolate covers all the pan, let it dry for 30 minutes or until completely firm.
- Place the cookie dough in a disposable piping bag.
- Fill the bottoms of the bundt pans with 2 T. caramel sauce. Pipe the cookie dough over the top of the caramel.
- Pour the reheated dark chocolate over the cookie dough to seal in the caramel and cookie dough. Let dry for 30 minutes or until completely firm.
- Unmold and top with a paper bow.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)
If you want more DelightFulls recipes to be able to put a twist on your holiday baking, visit the Nestle Toll House website! Nestle Toll House would love to see the DelightFulls twist you put on your holiday recipes! Use the hashtags #TollHouseTime, #NestleTollHouse and #DelightFulls when you share them on your social media!
Get Dessert Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox
AND A BONUS FREE Baking Substitutions too!
K / Pure & Complex says
Oh my goodness, okay I am definitely drooling right now. This looks amazing
haha! Thank you! Drool is a good thing!
Karissa | Sweet as a Cookie says
I need one of these right now! Too cute! Plus cookie dough is my favorite thing.. ever!
Thank you! 😀
Brooke @ Blushing Noir says
Those look DELICIOUS! Please come create here!
Aimee @ Like mother like daughter says
oh my gosh these sound A-MAZ-ING! I do love cookie dough and cover it in even more chocolate. Yum!
Thank you, Aimee!
Michelle @ A Dish of Daily Life says
How cute are those?!! You are so creative!
Aww! Well, thank you! Sometimes I get a little creative with things. 😀
April Grant says
My mouth is watering just looking at it. How creative! I want to pick it up through the screen right now!
Thank you! They were super fun to make too!
Oh my goodness! These look amazing! Can't wait to try the recipe.
Thank you! Let me know how you like it! 😀