This Ritz Cracker Toffee or Ritz Cracker Candy is the perfect Christmas candy! It has buttery Ritz crackers wrapped in a quick and easy homemade toffee and topped with red and green swirled white chocolate. Break it into pieces and throw it on a platter!
Tis the season for parties, finger foods, and delicious treats on cookie trays. I don't know about you, but I am always looking for the coolest fun item to make for holiday parties! This Ritz Cracker Candy recipe is fast, easy, and fun to make. Plus it's delicious enough to get rave reviews from your guests.
As a bonus, this is a holiday party treat you can make ahead of time. It does not need to take up precious space in your refrigerator. You can make it a day ahead of time and keep it in an airtight container in a cool location (not next to the stovetop) until it is time for your event.
Ingredients for Ritz Cracker Candy
Ritz crackers - the buttery round crackers we all know and love.
Butter - cubed.
Granulated Sugar - just regular table sugar is perfect.
Salt - kosher table salt, finely ground.
Vanilla Extract - pure vanilla extract and not imitation vanilla.
Vanilla Almond Bark - a slight vanilla flavor offsets the smooth creaminess of this chocolate substitute.
Red Candy Melts - The colored candy melts are optional, you can get the same effect with vanilla almond bark and food coloring.
Green Candy Melts - A second color for contrast.
Festive Sprinkles - Your choice! You can make this candy for almost any holiday and change up the colors and sprinkles to customize it.
How to Make Ritz Cracker Candy
Throw together a tray of this fun candy for an easy and impressive treat. Preheat your oven first to get it ready, and spread out your Ritz crackers on a cookie sheet. Then cook the butter, sugar, and salt. Once the butter is melted bring it to a boil and cook for seven to nine minutes.
Stir in the vanilla off the heat and then pour this amazing gooey mixture over the Ritz crackers. Bake this for 13-15 minutes in the preheated oven.
While the base of the candy is baking, melt the almond bark and candy melts each separately in their own bowl. After the crackers are removed from the oven, this is drizzled over the top for a festive effect. You can also swirl it gently to mix the colors. Add festive sprinkles before the candy coating sets.
Cool the Ritz Cracker Candy completely before breaking it apart for serving. Place it on a charcuterie tray, a cookie tray, or use it as a filler in your Jarcuterie. No matter how you serve it, it will be a lovely addition to your treat table.
Tips for Best Results
The Wilton candy melts will become incredibly thick if they're old. You can add ½ teaspoon to 1 teaspoon of refined coconut oil or vegetable oil to thin out the candy melts.
You can skip the candy melts and melt an additional 1 cup of white almond bark. Divide the almond bark into two bowls and add red candy color to one bowl until the desired color is reached and green candy color to the second bowl until the desired color is reached.
To melt the almond bark, start with thirty-second increments in the microwave. Attempt to stir the almond bark between each segment of time. As the almond bark gets close to fully melting, decrease the time of each segment to ten seconds. This will prevent it from overcooking and clumping up. Use the same method for the candy melts.
Swirl the red, green, and white candy-colors together with a butter knife or skewer over the top of the crackers. Don't overmix the colors otherwise you'll have brown swirls instead of Christmas swirls.
Try some variations! You can add crushed nuts, coconut, or toffee to the crackers on top of the almond bark instead of sprinkles. You could also try colored sugar, crushed Butterfinger bars, or a cereal like Fruity Pebbles.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Use about 2 bags of chocolate chips and melt them the same was as you would the almond bark.
You can keep the candy pieces in an airtight container for 4 to 5 days.
I don't find that almond bark freezes particularly well. It dries out and gets crumbly. I do not suggest freezing leftovers of this recipe.
If you leave the almond bark off or substitute it with melted chocolate chips, you can freeze it! Let the chocolate harden if you're using melted chocolate chips and then break into pieces.
Place in a freezer bag or freezer container and store in the freezer for up to 1 month.
More Candy Recipes for Holiday Parties
Ritz Cracker Toffee
- 40 Ritz crackers
- 1 cup butter cubed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 ounces vanilla almond bark
- ½ cup red candy melts
- ½ cup green candy melts
- festive sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 15x10x1-inch rimmed pan with foil. Lightly spray the foil with nonstick baking spray.
- Place the crackers in a single layer on the prepared pan.
- In a medium saucepan, add the butter, sugar and salt. Place over medium heat and stir until butter is melted.
- Let the mixture come up to a boil and let boil until light brown in color, about 7 to 9 minutes while stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat and add the vanilla. Stir until blended. It will bubble slightly when the vanilla is added.
- Immediately pour the mixture evenly over crackers and spread with an angled spatula to cover the crackers.
- Place the pan into the preheated oven and bake for 13 to 15 minutes until bubbly.
- Place the almond bar in a microwave-safe large bowl and microwave in 30-second increments. Stir after each increment and repeat until the almond bark is completely melted and smooth.
- Repeat with the candy melts, add the red and green candy melts to separate microwave-safe bowls and microwave in 30-second increments, stirring after each increment until completely melted.
- Pour the almond bark over the cracker mixture and evenly spread out with the angled spatula.
- Drizzle the red and green chocolate on top of the white.
- Swirl the colors together with a butter knife or skewer. Don't overmix the colors otherwise you'll have brown swirls instead of Christmas swirls.
- Sprinkle with festive sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet.
- Let the ritz candy cool completely, about 2 hours or until chocolate is set before breaking the candy into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)