Okay, so I know I’ve said before how I’m a canned cranberry girl. I love the gel. This is still very true, but I decided to be adventurous and buy some fresh cranberries. I had big plans for the cranberries! They were going in my cranberry pistachio bread.
This bread is a winner. It’s loaded with cranberries, pistachios, orange zest, cream cheese, and white chocolate. Yeah, seriously. This bread should have been named overloaded bread, but the flavors co-mingle perfectly! It’s quite festive and would be perfect for your Christmas Eve party.
This bread is tasty slightly warmed with a little butter. It has a sweet and tart flavor and a beautiful crunch from the pistachios. The butter added a little bit of a saltiness to round everything out. So, try it with butter! You won’t regret it.
The cream cheese swirl in the bread is beautiful. I thought it would be a layer in the bread, but it turned into a swirl. No complaints by me, it turned out prettier than I even expected. In my book, that’s a hugeeee plus!
Cranberry Pistachio Bread
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips melted
- 8 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bread pan with non-stick cooking spray. Line with parchment paper for extra security.
- In a large bowl, add in butter and granulated sugar. Mix on medium until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, orange zest, and orange juice and mix on low until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift in the baking powder, baking soda, and flour. Add in the flour and milk and mix on low until incorporated.
- Add in 1/2 cup of the pistachios and all of the cranberries.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, microwave the white chocolate chips in 30 second intervals. Stir the chocolate chips and microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir. The chocolate should be completely melted.
- Add in the cream cheese, egg, and sugar. Mix on medium until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour half of the bread batter into the bottom of the prepared loaf pan.
- Pour all of the filling on top of the batter.
- Pour the remaining batter over top of the cream cheese filling.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup of chopped pistachios to the top of the batter
- Place in the 350 degree oven for 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes or until done. Place a toothpick in the center of the bread, if it comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs it's done. If it still has batter on it, let it go for a few more minutes and then test it again.
Do you like fresh cranberries? What’s your favorite cranberry dish?
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up to get my FREE Baking Substitutions Sheet! Join the 5000 others who are receiving our dessert newsletters and baking challenges.