Okay, so I know I’ve said before how I’m a canned cranberry girl. I love the gel. This is still very true, but I decided to be adventurous and buy some fresh cranberries. I had big plans for the cranberries! They were going in my cranberry pistachio bread.
This bread is a winner. It’s loaded with cranberries, pistachios, orange zest, cream cheese, and white chocolate. Yeah, seriously. This bread should have been named overloaded bread, but the flavors co-mingle perfectly! It’s quite festive and would be perfect for your Christmas Eve party.
This bread is tasty slightly warmed with a little butter. It has a sweet and tart flavor and a beautiful crunch from the pistachios. The butter added a little bit of a saltiness to round everything out. So, try it with butter! You won’t regret it.
The cream cheese swirl in the bread is beautiful. I thought it would be a layer in the bread, but it turned into a swirl. No complaints by me, it turned out prettier than I even expected. In my book, that’s a hugeeee plus!
Cranberry Pistachio Bread
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips melted
- 8 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bread pan with non-stick cooking spray. Line with parchment paper for extra security.
- In a large bowl, add in butter and granulated sugar. Mix on medium until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, orange zest, and orange juice and mix on low until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift in the baking powder, baking soda, and flour. Add in the flour and milk and mix on low until incorporated.
- Add in 1/2 cup of the pistachios and all of the cranberries.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, microwave the white chocolate chips in 30 second intervals. Stir the chocolate chips and microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir. The chocolate should be completely melted.
- Add in the cream cheese, egg, and sugar. Mix on medium until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour half of the bread batter into the bottom of the prepared loaf pan.
- Pour all of the filling on top of the batter.
- Pour the remaining batter over top of the cream cheese filling.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup of chopped pistachios to the top of the batter
- Place in the 350 degree oven for 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes or until done. Place a toothpick in the center of the bread, if it comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs it's done. If it still has batter on it, let it go for a few more minutes and then test it again.
Do you like fresh cranberries? What’s your favorite cranberry dish?