These super simple 5 ingredient peanut butter gingersnap cookie balls pack a punch of flavor! They're spicy, creamy, and highly addicting. These would make the perfect no bake Fall treat, but any time of the year will do!
It's that time of the month again where my fellow peanut butter fanatics and I make a recipe for the peanut butter bash. This month's theme is peanut butter and ginger. I'll be honest, I wasn't really feeling the combination but our group voted and that was the winner. I LOVE peanut butter and I LOVE ginger, but together I just wasn't sure.
I'm here to say that peanut butter and gingersnaps do in fact work together. The cookie balls still have quite the spice from the gingersnaps. You would think that the peanut butter would drown it out, but it doesn't. That's a good thing!
My favorite thing about anything that is wrapped in chocolate is the crunch. Cookie or cake balls always go in the fridge for that very reason. I do it with candy bars too, but I try not to give into those. Once I go down that rabbit hole, I find myself with a nasty little candy bar habit. They're SOOO good.
I have a tip for you for rolling these cookie balls. They can want to crumble when you first rolling them. I worked the mixture in between my two palms. I would flatten it out in my hand, peel it up and flatten it again. After that, just form it back into a ball and roll it up using very little pressure. That's all I've got for you.
Peanut Butter Gingersnap Cookie Balls
- 30 gingersnap cookies
- 4 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup chocolate candy melts
- In a food processor, add in your gingersnap cookies. Pulse on high until there are no pieces of cookies left. It should all be crumbs.
- Add in the cream cheese. I cut mine into slices and scattered them all over the crumbs.
- Add in the peanut butter and powdered sugar. Process on high until the cookie ball mixture looks like wet sand. Make sure there are no bits of cream cheese or peanut butter that haven't been worked in yet.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out cookie balls.
- Using your palms, roll the scoops of cookie into balls. You may have to press the mixture between your hands and roll it up a couple of times to keep the ball from crumbling.
- Place down a piece of wax paper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add in the milk chocolate candy melts. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat microwaving in 30 second intervals and stirring until the chocolate is smooth.
- Place a cookie ball on a fork. Dip in the chocolate. Make sure it's completely coated in chocolate. Tap the fork on the side of the bowl to get off most of the excess chocolate.
- Place the ball on the wax paper. I use a skewer to push it off the fork. Let the chocolate harden.
- Store in the fridge.
Join us in the peanut butter fun over at The Peanut Butter Recipe Box Facebook Group! We would love to see you there! Check out the recipes we made while you’re at it!
Peanut Butter Gingersnap Cookie Balls from Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
Slow Cooker Thai Pineapple Peanut Chicken from Kleinworth & Co.
Vegan Peanut Butter Ginger Cookies from The Queen of Delicious
No Bake Peanut Butter Ginger Chocolate Chip Granola Bars from Bake Then Eat