These Chocolate Dipped Rice Krispie Treats are a fun spin on the classic rice krispie treats. They’ve been dipped in chocolate and the ends are coated in loads of colorful sprinkles! They’re a huge hit at any bake sale! Another rice krispie treat to serve up are these Cookies & Cream Rice Crispy Treats.
Today I’m sharing my biggest seller at the bake sale I had for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. Kids went crazy for chocolate dipped rice krispie treats! Those bright sprinkles lured them in and the parents couldn’t resist helping out a great cause.
My darling friend who owns a local consignment shop allowed me to set up shop outside of her store a couple of Saturday’s ago. There was also some rock painting to help draw those kids in.
We weren’t strictly business though. We may have had some fun with the mannequins while we out there. I’m sure you could tell by the plastic hand reaching for some cinnamon rolls. It was cute to watch people do a double-take as they walked by.
Some of us even tried to juggle. As it turns out, juggling is quite a hard thing to do. My son, Lucian, kept saying, “I can juggle one ball” and my husband would say, “that’s just throwing a ball, not juggling.”
So, I was contacted about doing a charitable cause for the RMHC and knew that it had to happen. I put on my thinking cap and came up with a bake sale because what else should a lady that bakes an excess amount of dessert do?
I made fresh bread, cinnamon rolls, 5 or 6 kinds of cookies, and chocolate dipped rice krispie treats. And guess what! Rice krispie treats were by far the most popular. I didn’t do anything crazy other than dipping the ends of them in chocolate and then dipped the chocolate in crazy bright sprinkles. That’s seriously the secret to having those babies just fly off the shelves.
You can also get out there and do your own fundraiser! Basically, just go heavy on the chocolate dipped rice krispie treats and you’ll have great success.
How to make Chocolate Dipped Rice Krispie Treats
Chocolate Dipped Rice Krispie Treats
- 2 T. salted butter
- 10 oz. bag of regular marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- 1 cup chocolate almond bark
- 1/3 cup sprinkles
- Line a 9x13 cake pan with tin foil. Spray the tin foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, add in the butter over low heat. Let it melt.
- Add in the bag of marshmallows and stir constantly until the marshmallows are melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Add in the rice krispies cereal and stir until the gooey marshmallow has coated all of the cereal.
- Dump the rice krispies cereal into the prepared pan.
- Spray a piece of wax paper with nonstick cooking spray and press it against the rice krispies until a firmly packed bar forms. Be sure to get the corners filled in too. Let the bars cool completely.
- Cut the bars in half the long way and and then into 8 large bars.
- Add the chocolate almond bark into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 second intervals and stir after each time until the almond bark is smooth.
- Lay wax paper out on the counter to lay the bars to dry after they're dipped in the chocolate and sprinkles.
- Dip the end of the rice krispie treats into the almond bark. Pick it up and let any excess almond bark dip off.
- Dump the sprinkles on a plate with a little lip to catch any sprinkles near the edge.
- Dip the end of the rice krispie treat into the sprinkles. Lay the bar on the wax paper to dry. Repeat with the rest of the rice krispie treats.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up to get my FREE Baking Substitutions and Conversions sheets! Join the 5000 others who are receiving our dessert newsletters and baking challenges.