Refreshing and tangy kiwi sorbet to help beat the summer heat!
Kiwi sorbet. You can't get this stuff at the store. Or maybe you can? I don't know, but you should really just make it at home. It's simple and so rewarding. For fussy people that hate things too sweet, it's the best way to get it how you want it.I love kiwi. The center is the sweetest part. I enjoy that a little more than the tart part with the seeds. Regardless, I love the entire kiwi. I'm just a sugar fiend. I want everything sweet always. I think I balanced out the kiwi sorbet. It's slightly tart and slightly sweet.
I prefer sorbet over ice cream. I know, it's crazy. Sometimes, the milky thickness of ice cream is too much for me. My husband and son are opposites though. They love the ice cream, which works out perfectly. I can make a little of each and share with all you ladies and gents! I already have this amazing this concord grape sorbet and this coffee ice cream on the blog.
I love the color of this kiwi sorbet. It's so bright and refreshing. It makes me a little bit better about eating it down by myself. Hey, I'm the fruit lover in the house! I can't let it go to waste.
- 10 kiwi peeled and chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup water
- In a saucepan, add in the chopped kiwi, sugar, and water. Stir until combined. Place over medium heat and let cook until sugar is dissolved (about 10 minutes).
- Remove and place in a blender. Puree until completely smooth.
- Place the puree in a container and let chill in the fridge until completely cooled. I left mine in for 5 hours until chilled. Overnight would work too.
- Place in the ice cream maker for the recommended time for your ice cream maker. Mine recommends no longer than 20 minutes.
- Place in a freezer safe container and freeze for 2 hours or until very firm. Scoop and serve!
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)
What kind of sorbet would you like to see next? Let me know!