This chocolate banana smoothie has a secret ingredient. It’s the richest, thickest smoothie in town.
I love avocados. The texture of an avocado is like heaven to me. Why wouldn’t I need it in my easy chocolate banana smoothie recipe? It adds a thick texture to the smoothie which I cannot get enough of. I can also slightly taste the avocado in the smoothie which again is fine by me. If you’ve never had one it’s the typical “green” flavor you get from fresh vegetables like peas and green beans. I have no idea how else to describe it. Description is clearly not my strong suit. haha
This smoothie will help you use up those far too ripe ‘nanas that you’ve shoved in your freezer. If you don’t freeze your overripe bananas, start! You’ll need them once you’ve tried this smoothie. To go with the strong of banana flavor, I’ve added a little coffee to pair with my chocolate to give it more of a punch.
That straw was standing up by itself. It wasn’t laying on the edge of the glass. Though it most definitely looks that way, I promise it wasn’t. What I’m getting at here is that I want you to say, “Dang, that’s a thick smoothie!” Then I’ll say, “Yes, yes it is!”
Chocolate Banana Smoothie
- 1/2 T. instant coffee
- 1/2 T. hot water
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 ripe avocado seed and skin removed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 T. chocolate syrup
- In a small bowl, add hot tap water and the instant coffee. Stir until all the granules are dissolved.
- If the frozen banana has a peel on it and you can't get it off, microwave for 30 seconds and it will loosen up the peel enough to remove it.
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender or bullet. Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour into a cup, add a straw and enjoy.
What’s your favorite smoothie flavors?
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up to get my FREE Baking Substitutions Sheet! Join the 5000 others who are receiving our dessert newsletters and baking challenges.