I love late morning breakfast and you’re currently looking at two of my favorite things. This one is a microwave western omelet, but I’m cool with any western omelet. I also like to toss in mushrooms, but I wanted to keep it traditional this time mostly because I didn’t have mushrooms on hand.
These omelets are so simple to make using the OXO Microwave Omelet Maker . First, cut up your veggies, steam them in the omelet maker using the microwave, and set them aside. Whisk 3 omelets with a touch of milk in the omlet maker and place in the microwave to cook. Lastly, toss in your steamed veggies and cheese, fold over, and microwave for 10 seconds to melt the cheese. That’s seriously it.
You can also get a Microwave Bacon Crisper which I’m thinking my mom must have. You place 4 – 5 strips of bacon on the crisper, cover with paper towels and microwave. That’s it. There’s a neat little grease collecting pocket in the crisper.
My favorite thing is that the bacon doesn’t stink up the house while it cooks up on the crisper. The smell of bacon lingering in the house drives me insane. I cannot stand it and it’s impossible to get rid of. Is anyone else like that? Don’t get me wrong, I love the taste of bacon. I would just love it more if the bacon odor didn’t cling to everything in the house.
I was also sent a Pour-Over Coffee Maker with Water Tank and Adjustable Temperature Kettle to make some morning coffee which I just need a single cup. The coffee maker is just a little gadget you load up with a filter and coffee. I add the water tank on top to funnel the boiling water into the filter. The coffee maker sits on top of your very own coffee cup and siphons the coffee.
I wish I could have bought one of these adjustable temperature kettles for my gram. I get my love of tea from her. I always remember her asking me to heat up her coffee. She was in her 70’s and had already broken her hip once. This would have been perfect for her. She could have had her boiling water in a minute. I didn’t actually time it, but it couldn’t have been much longer than a minute if it was.
Microwave Western Omelet
- 1/4 cup red peppers diced
- 1/4 cup sweet onion diced
- 1/4 cup ham diced
- 3 eggs
- 1 T. milk
- 2 slices american cheese
- Spray the inside of the omelet maker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the red peppers, onion, and diced ham. Close the omelet maker.
- Place into the microwave and microwave for 1 minute. My microwave is 900w and I did it on high. The peppers and onions will still have a slight crunch to them. Remove from the omelet maker and place into a bowl.
- Add the 3 eggs and milk into the omelet maker. Using a fork, whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
- Keep the omelet maker open. Place into the microwave and microwave for 4 minutes 30 seconds. Check it at 4 minutes to see if all of the eggs are cooked. If they are, don't bother with the extra 30 seconds.
- Add 1 slice of cheese, the steamed red peppers, onions, and ham.
- Fold the omelet over. You can microwave for 10 seconds to melt the cheese if needed.
- Add the last slice of american cheese to the top of the omelet and let melt. Place on the plate and serve.
OXO provided me these items to use and review for you. As always, all opinions are my own.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up to get my FREE Baking Substitutions and Conversions sheets! Join the 5000 others who are receiving our dessert newsletters and baking challenges.