This easy Microwave Western Omelet is loaded with red peppers, onions, and ham and only requires the microwave! It's the perfect breakfast recipe for college kids and can be whipped up in 15 minutes!
I love late morning breakfast and you're currently looking at two of my favorite things. This one is a microwave western omelet, but I'm cool with any western omelet. I also like to toss in mushrooms, but I wanted to keep it traditional this time mostly because I didn't have mushrooms on hand.
How to make a Microwave Western Omelet
These omelets are so simple to make using a Microwave Omelet Maker. First, cut up your veggies, steam them in the omelet maker using the microwave, and set them aside. Whisk 3 eggs with a touch of milk in the omelet maker and place them in the microwave to cook. Lastly, toss in your steamed veggies and cheese, fold over, and microwave for 10 seconds to melt the cheese. That's seriously it.
You can also get a Microwave Bacon Crisper which I'm thinking is a must have. You place 4 - 5 strips of bacon on the crisper, cover with paper towels and microwave. That's it. There's a neat little grease collecting pocket in the crisper.
Microwave Western Omelet
- ¼ cup red peppers diced
- ¼ cup sweet onion diced
- ¼ cup ham diced
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 slices american cheese
- Spray the inside of the omelet maker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the red peppers, onion, and diced ham. Close the omelet maker.
- Place into the microwave and microwave for 1 minute. My microwave is 900w and I did it on high. The peppers and onions will still have a slight crunch to them. Remove from the omelet maker and place into a bowl.
- Add the 3 eggs and milk into the omelet maker. Using a fork, whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
- Keep the omelet maker open. Place into the microwave and microwave for 4 minutes 30 seconds. Check it at 4 minutes to see if all of the eggs are cooked. If they are, don't bother with the extra 30 seconds.
- Add 1 slice of cheese, the steamed red peppers, onions, and ham.
- Fold the omelet over. You can microwave for 10 seconds to melt the cheese if needed.
- Add the last slice of american cheese to the top of the omelet and let melt. Place on the plate and serve.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)
OXO provided me these items to use and review for you. As always, all opinions are my own.
Get Dessert Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox
AND A BONUS FREE Baking Substitutions too!
Maria @ kitchenathoskins says
This sounds really interesting!! Such fluffy omelette in a microwave....
Angie ~ ambient wares says
Sure looks like it makes for a quick clean up instead of a pan with egg stuck all over it 😉 Thanks for sharing with us at Funtastic Friday!
Bless the microwave omelet maker. Seriously, this think can take a morning from 0 to 100 so fast! Love this flavor combo!