Brewed soup and dipping bread sticks have been on my menu lately. As a kid, I never was really into soup, but adulthood is a whole different story. Like I told you in my maple bacon rice krispies treats post, last week I paid a visit to the oral surgeon to get a very back tooth pulled. Do you know what goes perfect with a brand spanking new whole in your mouth? Tomato parmesan soup and the perfect homemade dipping bread stick to pair with it.
I've told you, I'm a dipper. Cookies, bread, anything that I can with au jus sauce, crackers and the list goes on. Please tell me some of you are the same way. If you are, make these dipping sticks to go with your soup.
This tomato parmesan soup was brewed in my knock-off Keurig that my parents got me last Christmas. It works perfectly with these Progresso Bristro Cups. I was sent three boxes of soup to test out and loved every one of them. There's creamy southwestern, cheddar broccoli, and tomato parmesan. Each box comes with 3 k-cups and 3 packets of mix.
It's as easy as filling your machine up with water, placing the k-cup into the machine, pouring a packet of mix into your cup and brewing. Then stir until the mix is incorporated and let it sit for 1 minute. You have yourself a delicious hot mug of soup. The only thing that can make this soup better is a few parmesan dipping bread sticks to eat along with it.
Brewed Soup and Dipping Bread Sticks
- 1 cup warm water 105 - 110 degrees
- 1 pkg. active dry yeast
- 1 T. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups + 2 T all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 2 T. butter melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the water, yeast and sugar. Let it sit for 10 minutes until it becomes foamy.
- Add into a stand mixer with the dough hook.
- Add 2 cups of flour and mix until the dough ball forms.
- Spread the remaining 2 tablespoons of flour onto a clean surface.
- Turn the dough out onto the floured surface and knead a couple of times.
- Divide the dough into 8 balls. Roll each ball out into a thin 14 - 16 inch long strip.
- Place your finger in the center of the strip. Twist either side so the stick looks braided.
- Place on the greased pan. Repeat with the rest of the bread sticks.
- Let rise for 20 minutes in a warm area. I let mine rise on the top of the stove while the oven is preheating.
- Place in the oven and bake for 18 minutes.
- Immediately after removing the bread sticks from the oven, brush with the melted butter. Sprinkle on the parmesan cheese and parsley. It should melt. If not, place it back in the oven for about 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.