This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.#HolidaySweetTreats #CollectiveBiasI really REALLY love sweet potatoes and I'm going crazy for these sweet potato bars. They have a gingersnap crust, thick sweet potato filling with a holiday spice to it and a fudge topping and marshmallow drizzle. If you're not into pie crusts, these bars are a solution! I love the creamy texture of these bars. The smooth thick texture of these bars are amazing!
This weekend I went out to my very dead garden and dug up my sweet potatoes that I grew. I remember when I found my sweet potato plants at the store. I didn't quite know if they were supposed to grow like regular potatoes but I threw them into the ground. I know I could have searched it, but somehow it kept slipping my mind. The moral of the story is they do indeed grow just like regular potatoes except they have a vine above ground instead of a upright plant.
I made my way down to Target this weekend while we were in the big town of Binghamton. It was my birthday weekend and got to do whatever I wanted. It helped ease the pain of being only a year away from 30 now. While I was there, I picked up tons of adorable holiday decorations, treats and Smucker's Toppings. Don't judge. The toppings come in handy in loads of recipes like these sweet potato bars. I also thoroughly enjoy eating them by the tablespoon. It's the quickest way to indulge and dispose of the evidence before your four-year-old walks into the room.
For my birthday, my sweet, sweet husband takes me out to dinner. My dinner always includes honey mustard chicken with bacon, mushrooms and cheese and a baked sweet potato with all the fixings. I'm a creature of habit. This is what got me all amped up for such a delicious baked good.
Sweet Potato Bars
- 1 + ¾ cups gingersnap crumbs
- 5 T . butter melted
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon . ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon . ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon . ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon . salt
- 2 cups sweet potatoes skinned and pureed
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoon . vanilla extract
- 1 + ¼ cups evaporated milk
- ¼ cup Smucker's Butterscotch Topping
- 11.75 oz Smucker's Hot Fudge Topping
- 2 T . Smucker's Marshmallow Topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 square baking pan with tin foil.
- In a mixing bowl, add in the gingersnap crumbs and butter, Mix until the butter has coated all the crumbs.
- Dump the crumbs into the prepared 8x8 square pan. Press the crumbs evenly into the bottom of the pan and out to all of the edges. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the brown sugar, granulated sugar, ground cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Whisk to spread out the ground spices.
- Add in the pureed sweet potatoes and mix on medium until incorporated.
- Add in the eggs and and vanilla extract and mix until the eggs are thoroughly incorporated.
- Add in the evaporated milk and butterscotch. Mix until the milk is incorporated.
- Pour the filling on top of the crust. Spread the filling out evenly and to the edges.
- Place the sweet potato bars into the 350 degree oven and bake for 40 - 50 minutes until the edges are set up and the center is still jiggly.
- Remove the bars from the oven and let them cool completely.
- Add the jar of hot fudge topping onto the cooled bars. Place in the fridge to chill preferable overnight.
- Before cutting and serving, take a spoon with the marshmallow topping and drizzle it back and forth on top of the fudge topping. Cut and serve!
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)
I found these Smuckers Toppings on the end of the aisle. They'll be doing a 20% off on 11/29 - 12/12 via the Cartwheel app, so now is the time to stock up! Grab 2 or 3 of each!
Who's ready for some holiday baking?
Get Dessert Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox
AND A BONUS FREE Baking Substitutions too!
Kristen @ A Mind Full Mom says
I am a little jealous about the fact that you have a garden (even dead) as I kill mine instantly! I love anything sweet potatoes and these bars look incredible!
Amber Edwards says
Now that is a great recipe to celebrate your birthday with! Oh goodness, it looks so delicious! #client
dog gps says
dog gps naturally like your site but you have to take phone punctuation in several of this articles. A number of them are generally rife using punctuation challenges i locating this incredibly bothersome to share with the certainty having said that I'll undoubtedly arrive again all over again.
June @ How to Philosophize with Cake says
Ooho those bars look awesome! Such a great variation on classic sweet potato pie. Love the fudge + marshmallow sauce topping too!
This looks so amazing!
Thank you, Leigh!
DOES anyone have a recipe for pumpkin pie fudge and gingersnap crust can't seem to find one
Wow, these look so good! Do you think I could sub the sweet potatoes with pumpkin instead?