This easy fruit pizza makes the perfect summer dessert and is a hit with the family! It's has a sugar cookie crust, a cream cheese spread and loads of sliced fresh fruit. Did I mention how pretty it is?
Easy Fruit Pizza
OXO sent me a pretty sweet mandoline to try out and share with all of you. It's still way too early for my veggies to be ready, but I did happen to have some fruit on hand. I see these easy fruit pizzas on pinterest floating around every summer and thought I would take a stab at making one myself with my new gadget.
This mandoline is pretty amazing. I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but there's an option to make waffle fries! I absolutely love waffle fries sooo that will be happening soon. There are 17 slice thicknesses, a thin julienne, french fry, and crinkle option too and they are all built into the thing. I am so pumped up to play with this more, especially after my garden actually produces some veggies.
I have been so incredibly busy lately that I can barely keep my thoughts straight. I went to my son's luau/kindergarten graduation Friday where I had to join my son in a hula dance. I have serious anxiety about just being in large crowds, can you imagine standing in front of them and trying to learn a dance. The things that I do for this child of mine. He even turned around and told me I was doing an okay job. haha
I really like the cream cheese filling that is sandwiched between the fruit and cookie base. I added lemon zest, lemon juice and whipped it up with some heavy cream. The lemon added just the right amount of zing and compliments the fresh fruit on top.
How to make easy fruit pizza
Easy Fruit Pizza
- 16.5 oz. package sugar cookie dough
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 T. lemon juice
- ½ c + 2 T. powdered sugar
- 2 T. heavy cream
- 8 strawberries sliced
- 1 kiwi sliced
- ½ cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Press the dough into a 12 inch round pizza pan.
- Bake the crust for 25 minutes until the edges are golden brown and the center is set. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese on medium until creamy.
- Mix in the lemon zest, lemon juice, powdered sugar and heavy cream until incorporated.
- Once everything is incorporated, beat on medium for 1 minute.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the cookie base.
- Slice the fruit using a mandoline or knife and place on the pizza.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)
OXO sent me this mandoline to create a recipe. I was not compensated for this post and as always all opinions are my own