This chocolate peanut butter mug cake is what makes having a microwave worthwhile. The cake is incredibly moist every. single. time. It has the perfect ratio of chocolate to peanut butter and it's easy to doll up with a drizzle of peanut butter and some chocolate sprinkles. You can forget the chocolate and just enjoy a peanut butter mug cake as well.
I don't use my microwave for most things, but I can make a mean mug cake in it!
I normally make a peanut butter mug cake, but this time I decided to get a little crazy with it and throw in a little chocolate too. I have no idea why it took me so long to add cocoa powder to my mug cake, but I'm glad it *FINALLY* occurred to me.
I would love to share like a billion more mug cake recipes. They're so easy to whip up and if they do fail, you're not out a ton of ingredients. That's one of my favorite parts. I also love that it only takes a minute or so to know whether the recipe isn't any good.
I will get downright angry if I spend a morning kneading love into a loaf of bread to find that it is a rock when it comes out of the oven. That's like four hours of my life that I lost to a loaf of rock bread. Am I being a little dramatic? Most likely, but still!
If you're not a huge fan of mug cakes, it's all good. You probably just need to try this chocolate peanut butter mug cake or maybe my smores mug cake. They're life changing, I tell you.
Get more mug cakes in your life
How to make chocolate peanut butter mug cake
Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- 2 T. salted butter
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp. creamy peanut butter
- ½ tsp. chocolate sprinkles
- In a mug, add in the butter and peanut butter. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir.
- Add in the brown sugar, flour, and cocoa powder. Stir until combined.
- Add in the milk and stir until the batter is smooth.
- Place into the microwave for 2 minutes. If you need more time, start at 20 - 30 seconds. The more you microwave it, the dryer it will get.
- Add the teaspoon of peanut butter into a sandwich bag. Microwave for 20 seconds and squish the peanut butter around. Cut a small corner out of the sandwich bag. Drizzle peanut butter on top of the warm mug cake.
- Sprinkle the chocolate sprinkles on top. Serve!
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)
Get Dessert Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox
AND A BONUS FREE Baking Substitutions too!
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) says
Super simple...super good!