Let’s talk more about peanut butter and chocolate, shall we? These peanut butter chocolate lava cakes were ahhhmazing. One of the best things about this recipe is the delicious peanut butter that’s inside. As I was finishing up the editing of these photos, I called the hubby over to look at them. This is the routine. His words were, “OH THOSE. I MISS THOSE.”
Yes. These little lava cakes are the bee’s knees.
Look at the peanut butter playing peek-a-boo with us. I originally wanted this to be a chocolate surprise lava cake, but that sneaky peanut butter refused to play nice.
Lava cakes are awesome. They are simple to throw together and super quick to bake. I think they’re gorgeous left in the ramekin or can be served on a plate if you have a little time to carefully remove them from the ramekin. I really wanted the spill effect so I placed mine on a plate.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Lava CakesPrint Pin It Rate
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray 2 8 oz. ramekins with non-stick cooking spray. Place 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder in the first ramekin. Swirl the cocoa powder all around the ramekin and tap out the extra in the second ramekin. Add in the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of cocoa powder and discard the excess cocoa powder once ramekin is covered.
- In a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, add in the chopped semi-sweet chocolate and butter. Microwave in 30 second intervals and stir after each 30 seconds. Do this 3 to 4 times until the chocolate is smooth and completely melted.
- Set aside and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Add in the granulated sugar and eggs and whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add in the all-purpose flour. Using a spatula, mix until the flour is barely combined.
- Pour batter into the 2 ramekins.
- Place a large teaspoon of the peanut butter in the center of each ramekin. Make sure to press it down a little and cover it with the cake batter.
- Place the two ramekins on a quarter sheet pan and place in the oven. Bake for about 14 minutes. The outside of the cakes will be baked and the center will still be very jiggly.
- Serve immediately. If you're feeling crazy, add a scoop of ice cream to the cake.
What would you stuff inside a lava cake?
I was sent peanut butter from Peanut Butter & Co to try out. I was not compensated in any way. All opinions are mine alone.