I nearly died of excitement when I saw the butterscotch m&m’s at the store. I knew immediately that they would be making an appearance in a post for butterscotch cookies. I love this cookie recipe so much. I have another version of this cookie coming up maybe closer to Christmas.
Firstly, I think the boo-terscotch m&m’s are a Halloween thing so get to the store to get them. I found mine at Target. I don’t think I have come across them at any other store, but I wasn’t really looking since I had already got a few bags. If you follow me on Instagram, you already know this though. I try post some exciting stories on there on the weekends. I have a pretty boring weekday life which I *think* is pretty normal.
If you can’t find the butterscotch m&m’s, you can use any of the others that are out. You can also just leave them out totally or double the butterscotch chips. The recipe is pretty flexible which I love.
Halloween is coming on so fast. This last weekend I got my decorations up. We still need to carve our pumpkins. Lucian doesn’t especially love digging in the pumpkin guts. He gets all freaked out by it. I normally dig them out and then spend far too much time getting creative on the carving. The more advanced the carving, the better. I like a good challenge and being able to put my artsy fartsy skills to work.
Wesly is currently sitting on the floor working on building an x-wing fighter to go with our son’s x-wing fighter pilot costume. I thought this year we were going to get out of it easy. Surprise! The hubby and son thought differently! Each year we build Lucian a fancy costume to sport around town. Then we go to the costume contest at the school and try to win prizes for best costume. Last year I was an incredibly sore loser. I gave stink eyes and did a little trash talking (to my husband) because we only got second place. I’m fully invested, if you couldn’t tell.
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1 + 1/4 cups light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp . vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp . baking soda
- 1/4 tsp . salt
- 2 + 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butterscotch m&ms
- 1 + 1/4 cups butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until the cookie dough comes together into a ball.
- Stir in the butterscotch chips and m&m's until thoroughly mixed in.
- Scoop the cookie dough and place on the prepared cookie sheet. I normally place 3 rows of 3.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges are golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Place on a cooling rack to finish cooling.